Chapter Eight

"This town meeting will come to order." Miss Patty called out, making Rory jolt out of her daze. 

"No one is listening to me." Taylor huffed like a toddler who wasn't getting his way. 

 Miss Patty rolled her eyes, "Oh, Taylor, calm down."

"I can't calm down, I'm being persecuted."

 "I promise that we hear you." 

 A man from the crowd yelled out, "We've been hearing you for 20 minutes."

 "Well, excuse me Andrew, but some of us have businesses to run that don't involve peddling drսg paraphernalia to kids." Taylor glared at the man. 

 "It was a lava lamp, Taylor." The man, Andrew, retorted. 

 "There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs."  

"Oh for crying out loud." 

"Now we've already agreed to look into your accusations, lets just move on. . ." Miss Patty tried to change the subject as Lorelai slid into the seat next to Rory's, carrying a mound of food. 

 Lorelai whispered to her daughter, handing her some food, "What did I miss?

"Dani hasn't been to a town meeting before." Rory whispered back. Her mother  stiffened at Dani's name. 

"She'll have to wait another two weeks before she does." Lorelai answered, starting to eat. She had grounded Dani for a month after she returned home drunk once again, which only made Dani hate her mother and miss Boston even more. Her phone was taken away, she was only allowed to go to school and Luke's and she had to do Laundry for three weeks in 'repayment'. The only punishment Christopher had only given her were the looks he gave her which made her feel so guilty she would apologize all on her own. Instead, being punished for something she did all the time made Dani turn into the attitude filled teenager she was when she arrived. Rory wasn't talking to her either, to make matters worse, because she had been embarrassed by the fact Dean had been there. So Dani was ignoring both them, not answering questions or initiating conversations. Dani was hurt. Sure, 'good' girls don't party all the time and underage drink, but it was just how she was raised and Lorelai had stepped in and expected her to change just like that. So, Dani let the anger she felt control her. 

*** 

Dani was bored, to put it simply. She was spread haphazardly across the sofa, painting her nails dark blue. Quotes and doodles only appeared on her skin when she was bored, so at the moment, they reached up to her elbows. She had only just got dressed, and it was nearly dinner time but she had managed to skip school, so it didn't matter. 

Her toenails were already painted and so was her right hand, it was only her left to do when Lorelai and Rory came back in, giggling about something. Dani rolled her dark blue eyes and quickly finished painting her left hand and got up, going off to her room.