#5

Kanish

I washed my hands after having dinner.

"Bete, hume tumse kuch baat karni hai." I stopped hearing dadu's words, as I was on my way towards my room.

(Son, I wanted to talk to you about something.)

"Batayiye daadaji." I said suspiciously narrowing my eyes at my mother who was looking nervous.

( yes grandpa.)

I have been observing my family members from this morning and to say that they're not acting weird would be a great lie. I could tell that there was something fishy and looking at the faces of my parents and grandma I can tell that whatever it is, I wouldn't like it.

"Come, let's have a walk." Dadu said walking out of the house as I followed behind him.

We were walking on the silent footpath. The night felt beautiful today, the reason is unknown to me too.

The road was all empty except for the few vehicles passing by now and then.

"So, how is your start up going??" He asked looking at me.

"Its preparations are almost done." I grinned happily.

The expressions on my Grandpa's face said that he was very much proud of me, and it made me satisfied.

"What ab-"

"Come directly to the point Daadu, I know you want to talk about something else." I cut him off, knowing that he was hesitating to talk to me about something.

"Just like me, expert in reading face expressions and totally straightforward." He said smiling, raising his eyebrows at me.

I laughed with him joining me. It's True that I have most of my Grandpa's qualities than my father. I have taken off after him.

We had reached the nearby park. "Come, let's sit there." He said pointing at the bench in the park.

The park was also empty, the streetlights provided enough light for us to see each other's face.

We sat on the bench, I was sitting facing him, observing his face. He looked like he was at peace. He should be.

"Tumhari Daadi ne tumhare liye ladki dekhi hai." He finally said dropping the bomb.

(Your Grandma has found a girl for you.)

It took me moment to finally absorb his words. But when the words settled in my brain I stood up with a jerk facing him.

"Maine aapse kitni baar kaha hai ki mujhe shaadi nahi Karni. Aap logo ko itni choti si baat samajh kyu nahi aati." I said furious with my daadi's actions. I started pacing left and right to calm my self.

(How many times have I told you that I dont want to marry!! Why don't you all understand such a simple thing??)

I have a flaw like everyone else has.

Anger issues.

When I get angry, it gets difficult for me to calm myself , and sometimes impossible, until and unless I destroy everything around me.

I brought my hands up and cupped my hands on my neck from behind, looking up closing my eyes as I took deep breaths.

I was thankful for my Grandpa to give me moment to myself, because if he would have spoken then I would have lost it.

And I guess this is why I am only comfortable to speak with my Grandpa, because he knows when to speak and when to stay silent and give me space.

"Idhar aao, baitho humare paas." He said warmly in his deep gruff voice.