#23

"Suno Jaan," Kanish called out, as they were still in each other's embrace. "Maine kabhi socha hi nahi tha ki main kisiko apni zindagi mein jagah de paaunga, par najaane kab tum mere liye itni zaroori ban gayi ki tumhare bina man hi nahi lagta zindagi mein." He said staring at the shining stars.

(Listen Jaan.)

(I had never thought that I would be able to give someone a place in my life, but I didn't even understand when you became so important in my life, because without you life feels incomplete.)

Aratrika's hold on his hand became firm hearing his words.

She nuzzled her forehead in his bearded jaw, Kanish's eyes closed as a smile made its way on his face.

"Main nahi jaanta Jo mere dil mein hai vo pyaar hai ya nahi, par Haan, itna zaroor kehna chahunga ki main tumhe bahut pasand karta hoon. Bahut zyada." He said softly, tilting his head and placing a kiss on his forehead.

(I don't know that, what I feel for you is love or not, but yes, I would like to say that I like you a lot. A lot more.)

"Main bhi aapko bahut pasand karti hoon." Aratrika whispered shyly against his neck.

(I like you a lot too.)

Kanish chuckled at her confession, but truthfully he felt delighted that she felt the same for him.

He pulled her face away from his neck and ran his eyes all over her face. Taking on all of her features as if engraving it in his heart and mind.

"Aratrika." Kanish called out in hesitation. There was also nervousness in his tone.

Aratrika's eyes snapped towards him instantly.

She didn't know how but she kind of understood that he was serious.

Hearing her name from his mouth made her heart flutter in her chest.

"Remember your punishment from a few days ago??" He asked.

She nodded her head, "yeah you said I will have to do whatever you say for the next 3 days."

"Yeah, and I didn't have for you to do, but now I want to give you something and want you to accept it." He said, though he was nervous he tried his best not to show it.

Aratrika wasn't sure what she should reply, so she just stared at him.

Kanish could see the confusion in her eyes, he turned her around making her sit in between his legs, with his front attached to her back.

He snaked his one hand around her waist and the other one streched out behind him to take the small box which was stuffed underneath a pillow.

He brought it in front of her. With the hand that was wrapped around her waist snaked down her arm till he reached her hand, flipping it with her palm facing upwards and his hand under it, he placed the box on it.

 With the hand that was wrapped around her waist snaked down her arm till he reached her hand, flipping it with her palm facing upwards and his hand under it, he placed the box on it