ii.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

my car glides to a halt in front of sadies house. millie leans from the passenger seat, orchestrating an intricate symphony of horn honks.

i exhale with narrowed eyes, receiving a chuckle and a soft-spoken sorry from her.

in a matter of moments, the red-haired figure emerges from the door. she ascends into the back seat with a grin and an embrace for millie.

sadie fixes her gaze upon finn, who's peacefully dozing beside her, his head comfortably resting against a squishmallow positioned against the car window. "how is he asleep through this?"

i shrug, continuing to blast the smiths on the cars bluetooth system.

"one of his favourite bands and he doesn't even wake up for it" i roll my eyes.

"can we play taylor?" millie pouts.

with a nod, i hand my phone over to her. "i'm fine with anything"

the redhead pulls the squishmallow from beneath finn, causing his head to drop onto the window ledge as he awakens with a groan.

"what the fuck" he sighs, glaring at sadie.

a grin spreads across her face. "rise and shine!"

the car rolls along the winding path of a familiar theme park, prompting sadie, finn and i to exchange knowing looks.

millie glances around with a quizzical expression. "am i missing somehing here?"

i chuckle. "it's a long story. finn got lost here like a toddler once and scared the shit out of everyone"

finn gives a sheepish grin. "it's a really big place, trust me"

— ★ —

as the car's tires meet the soft sand, it's as if i'm reliving a past moment. the waves whisper secrets from the past, while the breeze carries echoes of laughter from a year back.

i step out of the car, my chest, a heavy seashell, burdened by the weight of recollection as old wounds are reawakened.

my eyes meet the endless shoreline, where the tides were splashed between me, the redhead and a name etched into my being like the scars left by the most turbulent waves.