ix.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

my head rests against finns shoulder, releasing nothing but soft sniffles.

it's 4am and neither of us can obtain an ounce of sleep. especially not me, following the news he broke to me this evening.

"you know what this reminds me of?" he starts.

i glance up at him with curiosity through my bloodshot eyes. "when we first moved in here, the first two weeks"

my lips slowly form a smile as i recall what he's referring to. when we had first moved in, we pulled all nighters and slept during the day, with absolutely nothing to do. i didn't have my job yet and finn wasn't doing any acting gigs due to covid.

those nights that we stayed up doing karaoke, baking, binging tv shows, watching awful movies on purpose or just relaxing in the midst of comfortable silence were honestly the best nights of my life, the best time of my life.

"yeah... except this time it's much more depressing" i snicker.

i feel his fingers begin to run through my hair, brushing out tangles with care. "it's gonna be okay, faye. we'll get through all this together"

his calming voice was a much needed respite from the panic that consumed my mind. as his hand starts massaging my scalp, i feel my eyelids turn heavy and my consciousness slowly drifting away.

— ★ —

markass

why aren't you here

why aren't you here

because
i'm too silly to work today