viii.

( FINN )

( FINN )

i sit infront of the curious yet anxious girl, my mind racing through methods in which i can possibly break something like this to her.

it's all so utterly confusing, so out of the blue. usually, you would be warned about these things, obtain atleast a few hints that you can look back at later, connecting the dots upon blaming yourself on how you could be so blind.

however, this bears none of that. it's just illogical.

it was that day when faye had booked a doctors appointment without letting me know, leading me to assume she's at rorys place.

i showed up at her doorstep looking for my roommate, knocking to acquire no response.

my mind prompted me to check if the door was open, which it was. consequently, i took the next step which seemed correct and entered inside.

faye wasn't here, her shoes were absent at the entrance. however, sneakers which belonged to a particular redhead were present, the same ones i had witnessed her wear to set on multiple occasions.

it's when i was upstairs that i realised what was going on. the two of them were in rorys bedroom. they could just be hanging out, but the sounds i obtained the unfortunate displeasure of hearing demonstrated that they weren't.

my heart was racing, filling me up with too many complex emotions at once. shock, confusion, rage, confusion. so much confusion.

"finn?"

the familiar voice snaps me back into the room.

"is the important thing you wanted to tell me just you sitting in silence for an hour while staring at the wall? because that's not special, you do that a lot"

i force out a snicker before sighing "no..."

she crosses her arms while leaning back on the chair that she's seated in. "then what is it?"

i close my eyes with a long sigh prior to looking directly at her. "listen, i'm not sure if what i thought i was hearing is really what it was, it could be something else. maybe i've just got a fucked up mind or something and i could be totally off about this and-"

she cuts off my blabbering with a laugh "finn, what are you talking about"

"uh..." i clear my throat, trying to find the right words. "i was at rorys house 2 days ago"