i.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

yet another bundle of months pass by with no contact with sadie. this has occurred once before, it's not all that surprising.

what's surprising is that this time, marcus is apart of the equation.

it's been three months since i last had a conversation with him, someone who genuinely brings me happiness.

he did try initiating a confrontation once, which finn shut down for me.

( FINN )

the ding sound leads me to rush down the staircase, finding a frowning tall silhouette standing at the doorstep.

"hey... is faye here? she uh- she won't answer my texts or calls" he scratches the back of his head.

my tone is frosty. "yeah, she's here"

"okay, thanks"

he leans forward to enter, just as i push him back. "woah, hold on there"

he narrows his eyes. "sorry? i thought i could-"

"i said she's here. i didn't say she wants to talk to you, did i?"

"look" he sighs. "just let me apologise, please"

the remorse in his voice is slightly evident, yet it doesn't affect me a bit.

i cross my arms. "apologise? you think you can just waltz in here and apologize after what you did?"

marcus winces at my sharp words. "i know i messed up, but atleast let me try to fix it"

"you wanna fix it?" my eyes flicker with anger. "then leave. the last thing faye needs right now is to see you"

i slam the door shut, breathing out before wandering back up the carpeted stairs.

( FAYE )

a few days after that, i finally found the strength to send sadie a conclusive message, marking the end of our connection.

permanently this time.

i made sure to reach out to our mutual friends, ensuring that we won't be caught in a resort situation again.