vi.

( FAYE )

( FAYE )

i groan as the first rays of morning sunlight filter through the curtains, piercing through my closed eyelids. my head throbs with a relentless ache while my mouth feels as dry as sandpaper. my hand falls on my forehead, feeling as if it's gonna burst open at any given moment.

rolling over in my bed, i try to recall the events of the previous night. it was all a blur. drinking games, laughter, and then...

the memory hits me like a truck, sending a pang of embarrassment and confusion through my hazy mind.

i struggle to sit up, feeling disoriented and regretful. my thoughts were a jumbled mess. why did i let myself get carried away like that? what was i thinking?

i reach for the plastic bottle of water on my bedside table, downing it in one go, hoping it can alleviate the desert like dryness in my mouth. though it does help, the headache stays.

dragging myself out of bed, i stumble into the bathroom. the reflection in the mirror confirms my hangover- a disheveled appearance and puffy eyes. i sigh, running my fingers through my tangled hair.

as i splash cold water on my face, my mind races through thoughts about sadie again.

i wonder what she thinks of me now, after those two strange moments. the beach, last night... none of it adds up with our relationship, it's not supposed to be like that. so why is it?

questions swirl in my mind as i try to piece together the confusing emotions. i still just know one thing for certain- i need to clear my head and figure out what's really going on between me and sadie. the hangover will fade, but the uncertainty will linger.

there's no way rory was right. i won't let that happen. she can't be right about this.

all i have for sadie is admiration, maybe a little bit jealousy at times, and recently i despise her. any other feeling is off the table.

maybe i just need to know what she thinks.

- ★ -

"oh, she left like an hour ago"

i stare at the brunette as she effortlessly blends her smoothie, dealing with her hangover seemingly well.

"what? what time is it"