Chapter 31: June Emerson

"Are you ready to go home?"

"I am, ladybug, are you?"

Yesterday, after a cozy morning cuddling in bed, we headed out to Lake Colorado City, which is about halfway between Dallas and Westmoor because we didn't feel like crossing the entire state in a day.

We had a nice night in the small town, but I know we are both ready to be back in Westmoor. Especially now that we're engaged, we want to tell everyone and celebrate. I think part of me doesn't want to have to celebrate our engagement, and we can just get married already.

I might propose that idea to Bruce. That way we could just put money toward one celebration, the celebration that's going to happen anyway, and not have to gather everyone twice. We have a four-hour trip home, I'm sure I'll talk about it at some point.

Once we both have finished loading our bags into the back of the car, I start getting my passenger princess seat ready, including blankets, Bluetooth connection, and snacks.

After the Hozier concert, which I'm still stunned that it even happened, he's literally the only artist that I've been listening to. However, Bruce needs some variety in his life, so the Arctic Monkeys and Alt-J are also on the rotation for this drive.

Clearly, I am hooked on a certain kind of music right now. As much as I love other artists, I'm obsessed with those three right now. Beck too. I'm going to add some Beck into the listening jams, but he's a little quieter, so that's for the mountain area. It's going to be such a vibe.

I can tell that Bruce is ready to be back with his chosen family. He misses them more than he's letting on. Although we've had a ton of fun these past five days, he wants to be with people who care about him, more than just me. I understand that more than he knows.

He has a group of people caring about him and wanting updates on our adventures (which haven't been that adventures if the bedroom is being discounted). The Devil's Rose MC are the people that love him, even if they sometimes have an odd way of showing it; the love tends to be shown through killing shitty people together.

Yes, they show it in other ways, but they don't outwardly say 'I love you' to one another. It's just not part of how they go about showing they care.

He wants to be with them and put his time and effort into the MC. He wants to be spending time designing plans for cleaning up Grove Heights and taking inventory even though everyone fucking hates that job.

He wants to be part of it all, and I think he partly feels bad that he isn't right now. I don't think he has any reason to be from what I've heard from Persephone. Alpha, the president of the MC, took off a ton of time to be with her when healing from her own trauma.

Bruce took off some time to help me heal from mine. I have a feeling that Bruce and Alpha aren't the only two who did something similar. I don't think Bruce will be the last either.

It takes me about two hours of talking about nonsense to finally gather the courage to ask Bruce about my idea to turn our engagement party into our wedding.

I did overhear him talking to my parents and sister and his parents and brother about coming to Westmoor this morning, so it's not like he's being subtle about the news.

I'm pretty sure my parents have already figured out that we're engaged, they just haven't said it out loud because right after the phone call with Bruce, they called me and congratulated me on our "relationship" saying "we were meant to be."

While I agree with them and thank them for calling me about it, I have a feeling that they were trying to say congrats on the engagement rather than our whole relationship since we did spend two straight days with them as a couple.