the sit-down

We're getting close to the end, y'all. :(

-

The afternoon after the verbal spat I had with my lovely mother and sister, my father invited me over for a talk and he invited Anthony.

I was okay with that after what happened.

He dumped my pathetic sister after realizing she was no good.

I applaud him, honestly.

"Eric, baby, I'm gonna go now. My dad is expecting me." He nodded and walked me to the door silently.

"I'll see you later. I love you, Eric." He kissed me and smiled before closing the door behind me.

I took a deep breath before making my way towards the sidewalk. Eric doesn't know, but I still love Ant.

I wish I could shake these feelings, but I can't. Besides, he's still my husband.

The second I stepped onto the porch, I started taking slow breaths and opened the door.

"Hey, baby doll." I ran to my dad and hugged him before kissing his cheek.

"He's in the living room. You can go whenever you're ready. I need to go run a few errands." I nodded and started walking towards the living room as he walked towards the front door.

"Gia." I smiled at Anthony and sat in the corner of the sectional.

"It's good to see you, Anthony. I'm glad we can talk." He nodded and stretched his arms out, making me notice his wedding band.

"You're wearing your ring?" He looked at me and nodded with a cute smile.

"I realized how stupid I was and, Gia, I need you. I still love you. I was stupid to ever let you go."

This is what I expected. There was the Anthony I loved.

"Ant, sweetheart, what you did was wrong. It took me some time to get over what you and my sister did to me. I mean, you pretended to show interest in me and you-"

"Gia, I didn't pretend to show interest in you. I really did fall in love with you. I miss you. I'm missing you. I love you. I want you to come home." I sighed and looked down at my hands.

"Anthony, I'm with Eric now. I can't just drop him and get back with you. It wouldn't be fair." He scooted closer to me and removed the pillow from my lap.

Before I could open my mouth, he pulled me onto his lap.

"Just kiss me." My eyes doubled in size and I shook my head before prying his arms off of me.

"No, I can't. Anthony, I can't." He placed his hands on my face and gave me an earth shattering, heart stopping kiss.

As if it were an instinct, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

"I've missed you. I can't wait any longer." He stood up and carried me towards the stairs.

"Ant, I don't know. This isn't right." Instead of replying, he shook his head and looked away from me.

"Come on, Gia. You're my wife and I want to be with you again. I love you so much. I miss being inside of you."

I moved my hands to his ears and played with them as a smile slowly appeared on my face.

"I'm not gonna break Eric's heart." He nodded and let go of me. I got off the bed and stared at him.

"I'd rather end things with Eric before doing this. It's not right." He nodded and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm sorry, Anthony. Just be patient." He looked at me and rolled his eyes while nodding.

"I'll call you later, Ant. I swear." I scratched my forehead and let him grab my hand.

He brought it up to his lips and kissed it before dropping it.

"I'll be waiting." He gave me one last kiss before walking out of the house.

The walk back to Eric's house seemed longer than usual.

The only thing running through my head was the kiss I shared with Anthony.

How am I gonna tell Eric this?

As soon as I stepped onto the porch, my anxiety got worse and I had to start taking deep breaths.

I opened the door and stepped inside, immediately bumping into Eric.

"Hey, sweetheart. Eric, we-we need to talk."