the point of it all

Leaving Eric this morning was harder than I thought. I missed his touch and voice more than anything.

My mother wanted to take me out for lunch, but I wasn't too sure about it.

I know she's up to something.

She won't tell me where we're going and it's extremely annoying.

"Can I at least get a hint, mom?" She shook her head and kept her eyes on the road.

"That would ruin the surprise, hija. Just relax." I sighed and continued to look out the window, noticing the familiar street.

I immediately felt butterflies in my stomach. My hands were getting sweaty and I felt my heart start race.

"No, mom. I'm not going to that house." She grabbed my hand and glanced at me before looking back at the road.

"Sweetheart, do you want to repair your relationship with your sister? Your twin? The one you shared my womb with?" I rolled my eyes and sighed while looking out the window.

"I'd rather not. She doesn't want to talk to me. Believe me when I say I tried."

I looked at her and she had this worried look on her face. I knew exactly what that meant.

"She doesn't know I'm coming, does she?" She shook her head and I let to of her hand before placing it on her forehead.

"Are you sick? You're not running a fever or anything. If that's not it, then what the hell is wrong with you?" At this point, I was completely furious with her.

"Gia, I didn't want to tell you, because I knew how you'd react! We would be fighting again and I really don't want that." She looked at me after stopping in front of Anthony's house.

The home we once shared. We made love countless times in that place. We spent some of our happiest moments there.

"Are you ready?" I nodded and exhaled sharply before getting out with her.

The walk to the door seemed longer than it's ever been and I felt my heart pounding.

As if my mother knew I was feeling anxious, she grabbed my hand and brought it up to her lips.

She kissed it and kissed my cheek before ringing the doorbell.

"Coming! Just hold on a sec!" I immediately felt as if I were about to throw up my breakfast.

"Breathe, hija." Nodding at my mother, I gave her a small smile and calmed my breathing as Gracie opened the door.

"Hi, guys. Come in." She gave us a warm smile and let us in.

I couldn't bare to look at her stomach. I know I'll break down in tears.

"How are you and my grandchild doing, honey?" Gracie proudly smiled at her stomach and rubbed it before looking at mom.

"We're fine. The baby is growing like crazy!" She laughed, but I couldn't seem to smile.

I can't even make eye contact with her. I'm still hurt, honestly.

"Gia, are you okay?" I looked up at my mother and shook my head before walking out of the room.

The moment I opened the front door, I bumped into my soon to be ex husband.