where did we go wrong?

Here we are.

Face to face for the first time in three weeks.

I called off the wedding and left New Orleans for a getaway with Anthony's oldest sister, Iesha.

She was my shoulder to cry on and my confidant.

The moment we returned to NOLA, I was bombarded by my friends and family.

My parents invited me into their home with open arms. I'm so thankful for them after what happened, which seems like a long time ago.

"Gia." I looked up at my soon-to-be ex husband and nodded at the couch in across from me.

"So, you and Gracie?" I raised my right eyebrow and placed my hands on my knee.

He nodded and played with his wedding ring. I laughed sarcastically and ran my right hand through my hair.

"Why? Why did you marry me if this was all a bet?" He sighed and wiped his hands on his pants.

"I did really love you. I love you. I still love you." I felt my heart drop into my stomach and I shook my head in disbelief.

"You're such a liar. I can't believe I fell for it. You don't know how hurt I am right now. My god, I married you! I love you! It's gonna take me some time to get over you. After everything we've been through, I'll always love you and I hate myself for that." I bit my trembling bottom lip and covered my face.

"You hurt me, Anthony. I've never loved someone as much as I love you and I never will. You will always have my heart." I stood up and walked out of the room in a rush, bumping into someone on the way out.

"Whoa, whoa. Calm down. Breathe." My dad grabbed my shoulders and took deep breaths with me.

"Let's go outside to the garden." He held my right hand and led me outside.

"Talk to me, baby." I rested my head on his chest and calmed down after a few minutes.

"I'm heartbroken. Honestly heartbroken. I love him so much, daddy. I guess I should've listened to you. Don't date the players." I looked up at him and he wiped my tears away.

"You loved him. I saw it in your eyes. I know he truly did love you. He was just being young and stupid. Just talk to him again, sweetness. Get his side of the story completely and if you don't like what you hear, let it go. I know how hard this is for you. I'm still your daddy. I know what's going through your head right now."

He was right. He was right. I should just give him a chance.

"Thanks, daddy. I love you." He kissed my forehead and let go of me.

I started walking back towards the house when I heard a car door slam.

"Anthony." I ran through the house and opened the front door to see him pulling out of the drive way.

"Anthony!" I ran towards the end of the driveway and started hyperventilating again.

"He's going to see Gracie. I know it." I felt my dad touch my shoulders and he rubbed them to calm me down.

"Come on, baby. Let's go inside." I broke down and cried in his arms. He rubbed my back as we walked back to the house.