why does it hurt so bad?

I was six weeks along.

Six weeks pregnant.

I've never been so disappointed and heartbroken.

The look on Anthony's face was absolutely devastating. I never want to put him through that again.

That's why I was so afraid of starting a family...

The disappointment and pain is frightening.

And the guilt is eating me alive. I'm keeping Ant from being a father and I feel like a terrible person.

I want to marry him right now, but I don't want to keep him waiting for a baby. All we talk about is starting a family and how we want a house full of children.

He wants seven children and I'm willing to carry every single child if I can.

"Gia, sweetheart?" I shook my head and looked up at my father, smiling as he walked into the bedroom.

"Hey, daddy. Is mom with you?" He shook his head and I sat up to give him a hug and a kiss.

"I just wanted to stop to see you. I miss you, princess." I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"Thank you, daddy. I miss you too. How is mom?" I played with his wedding band and kept my eyes on his hand.

"She doesn't want to see you yet, because she's upset." I sighed and sat against the headboard.

"She didn't see me in the hospital. She didn't call me. I almost died, dad. Do I have to die in order for her to care?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Gracie called me yesterday. She was crying and told me she understands what I'm going through. I forgave her and she forgave me." I smiled and he leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

"I don't want to hold you up, daddy. You should go run your errands. I'll still be in bed when you need to see me." I smiled as he laughed and stood up.

"I'll come over tomorrow. I love you, princess." He kissed my forehead and hugged me before walking out the room.

I placed my hands on my chest and winced from the discomfort.

I got out of bed to get my ice pack from the kitchen.

I saw Anthony sitting on the couch with his head in his hands.

"Baby?" He looked up and I noticed his red eyes. I sat next to him and kissed his cheek while wrapping my arms around his left arm.

"Why are you out of bed?" He kissed my forehead and looked into my eyes.

"I wanted to get my ice pack, but I saw you. I wanted to check on you." I leaned up to kiss him, but he turned his head.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and stood up, stepping away from him.

I refilled my ice pack and walked back into my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

I got back into bed and sat the ice pack on my sore right breast.

I sighed in relief and closed my eyes, thinking about what happened less than four days ago.

The door closing interrupted my thoughts and I opened my eyes, rolling them once I saw Anthony walking towards my bed.

"Gia, I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you again. That day changed me forever." He laid next to me and I kept my eyes forward, trying not to cry.

"I know you're still hurting. I always think about you and how terrified you looked. I know how bad you want to start a family and I still want that with you." I looked down at our intertwined hands and nodded.

"I'm glad you do, G." I finally looked up at him and he leaned in to kiss me.

"I love you, Ant. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break your heart. I told you this was gonna be a difficult process."

I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "I'm gonna stick with you. When times get hard and tough, I'm still gonna be there."

He kissed the top of my head and I smiled as he whispered sweet things into my ear.