strong words

"Where am I gonna stay?"

I looked up at Eric and nodded towards the door. He simply grabbed my hand and led me out of the dining room.

"Gia, you get back here right now!"

"I'm not a teenager anymore, Gloria. You can't control me. I'm a grown woman. I have an incredible boyfriend who loves me for me. I don't have to worry about being judged. Just leave me be and let me be happy."

My mother's face fell and my dad looked shocked with my words. "I understand you, princess. I do. I just don't want your mother to ruin our relationship."

I smiled at my father and approached him with open arms.

"She'll never ruin what we have, daddy." He kissed my forehead and squeezed me before letting go.

"I'm going home now. I'll see you around, dad." I waved at him and grabbed Eric's hand before walking out of the house.

"I'm proud of you, baby. You don't know how much I love you." I immediately felt my heart starting to race as he leaned down to kiss me.

"I love you more, Eric. I love you so much." I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his chin as we stepped onto his porch.

He opened the door and I stepped in first with Eric behind me.

We made our way upstairs and I took off my dress before getting into bed.

I nodded and tied my hair up before getting comfortable under the sheets.

Eric was getting undressed with a worried look on his face. I knew something was wrong, but didn't want to push him.

"I love you, Gia. I just want you to know that. When I ask this question, I want you to really think about it." I nodded and watched him get into bed.

"Do you still have feelings for Anthony?"

The question I've been waiting for him to ask and I can't even answer it.

"When I see him, I don't feel anything." He shook his head disapprovingly and grabbed my left hand.

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

"Hell no. I'm with you now. That's over." I kissed him and rubbed his bare chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you, Eric. Look, why don't we go away this weekend? We need time to ourselves after all we've been through." He nodded with a smile and sighed once I rested my head on his chest.

"Wherever you want to go, babe. It's your choice." I looked up at him again and licked my top lip slowly.

"I want to go to Las Vegas."

-

I'm sorry this is so short. Forgive me.