the best day

We cut our vacation in Maldives short and went back to New Orleans to get ready for our quicky wedding.

I know this is the right thing to do, I'm sure of that. I know my family will be pissed, but I really don't care.

I stayed and got ready at my house all day as Anthony set up the activities for our wedding night.

He told me to show up, look pretty, and not to worry about anything.

After taking forever to get ready, I got up to answer the door.

"Are you ready, Ms. Williams?" I smiled and nodded before stepping out the door with my driver.

"I am. Is Anthony waiting on me?" He nodded and I exhaled slowly while walking to the Rolls Royce waiting at the end of the driveway.

He opened the car door for me and waited until I got settled before closing the door.

Nervously, I kept playing with my fingers as he got in and started the car.

"How was Anthony acting today? Was he a mess?" I looked in the rear view mirror and smiled.

"Mr. Davis is just as nervous as you are. He was pacing and shaking all over the place." I laughed and shook my head as he pulled out of the driveway.

"I've been a nervous wreck all day, as well. I had to keep reapplying my makeup, because I kept crying. I'm so excited about getting married. He's the love of my life." I smiled and looked down at my ring.

"He's the love of my life." I looked out the window and smiled with a soft laugh.

~

Once I arrived at the small chapel, I couldn't keep the smile off of my face.

I tried not to cry, also. There were so many emotions rushing through me all at the same time.

I said a little prayer before someone walked in on me.

"We're ready, Gia." I looked at the preacher's wife and smiled before standing up.

I walked outside with her and there he was.

The most beautiful man I've ever laid my eyes on.

"Baby, you look beautiful." I walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around me, kissing me as he held me up.

"Me? You had me weak in the knees when I saw you standing there." I smiled and let him put me down.

He grabbed my hand and we walked over to the pastor. I was freaking out on the inside and Anthony could tell.

"Will you calm down?" I laughed and nodded before looking up, preparing myself for our ceremony.

~

My first kiss with Anthony as husband and wife was just as I imagined.

It would've been nice to have the family with us, but this was better.

"So, Mrs. Davis, we have a horse and carriage waiting for us. I know how bad you wanted to this." I smiled and nodded before he kissed me again.

He opened the door for me before I walked out.

"Ant, you shouldn't have." I grabbed his hand and kissed it before he helped me into the carriage.

I got comfortable and he sat next to me, pulling the blanket over us as the horses began walking.

"That was so beautiful, Anthony. Thank you so much. I can't believe we're married now." I giggled softly and relaxed as he wrapped his right arm around me.

I closed my eyes and sighed as a breeze rushed by us. "I love you, G. I'm happy to call you my wife. I'm ready to get our lives started as Mr. and Mrs. Davis."

I opened my eyes and leaned up to kiss him.

"I love you, honey. You're so special. I can't imagine my life without you." We reconnected our lips and I placed my right hand on his chest, sighing into our passionate kiss.