27. Just Me

Hailey's pov

"Is Charles here?" I ask a ferrari employee, pleading with my eyes for her to help me since I'm a hundred percent lost inside this giant maze called the ferrari motor home "It's urgent."

"Hmm...maybe check the break room." She says with a sweet voice and points at a white door "He might be there."

"Thank you." I mumble and rush towards that direction, not waisting any time to talk with Charles.

I don't know what game Christian is playing at and that's what concerns me the most. I would hate for me and Charles to be the ones who pay the consequences when we were the ones who were dragged into all of this rivalry into the first place. Why should we be the ones who lose in a war that we didn't even initiate?

I open the door and I look around, my eyes landing immediately on Charles. He's seated in front of a table, Pierre seated on the opposite end as they both play chess together, laughing with each other and joking in french.

I walk up to them slowly until Pierre's attention lands on me.

"Look who decided to join us!" Pierre's words make Charles turn his head towards me.

"Oh, hey baby." Charles says from looking down at me, stopping the game and taking one of my hands in his "What are you doing here?"

"Hey guys, I hope I'm not interrupting an intense game." I say pointing at the chess board.

"Not at all." Charles brings my hand to his mouth, pecking the top of it "You should join us and watch me beat Pierre."

Pierre chuckles and turns to speak to me.

"You should join us in order to give Charles the luck he needs, since he's losing so badly."

I smile and shake my head.

"Actually...I need to talk to you about something."

Charles' smile slowly fades and his face becomes a little bit more serious.

"I'll leave you guys to talk in private." Pierre starts to get up from his seat but Charles stops him.

"It's fine." Charles says and gets up while still holding my hand "We'll talk in my room."

He turns to look at me for a confirmation and I nod.

"Alright...just so you know I have the entire board memorised in case you're thinking of cheating." Charles winks at Pierre, who give's him a death stare.

I wave goodbye to Pierre, who starts messing with the chess pieces as soon as Charles turns his back and I follow behind his trail, that's leading me to his personal driver room.

When we're just right outside, I see all the staff looking in our direction as we're about to walk in and I curse under my breath. The last thing I wanted to be seen doing was walking with Charles inside his private room. I don't even want to imagine what people think we might be doing.

I immediately let go off Charles' hand once we're inside and he closes the door behind.

"Did something happen? Are you feeling okay?" Charles asks, taking off the hat he's wearing and throwing it on a nearby couch.

"I'm fine but-"

"You had me worried for a second." He exhales "I thought there was something that I had done t-" then he shakes his head before clearing his throat "It doesn't really matter."

Why did he look so worried just right now?

I try to figure out what's up with him but he distracts me as I'm thinking, turning around as he tugs at the end of the red shirt he's wearing, before pulling it over his head, taking it off.