6. Eyes On Me

Hailey's pov

I thank God once practice is done, thankful that everything went smooth. I climb out of my car and walk towards the garage.

"Good job." Christian says and gives me a pat on my shoulder.

Since I started driving for Redbull, I've hardly gotten any validation from my team principal, so him telling me that I did a good job today it's kind of like a big deal to me.

I start walking towards my private driver's room when Max joins me.

"Hey Hailey! Are you already heading out?" He asks while using a towel to dry off his sweat.

"Yeah, I'm just going to get changed and get back to my room."

"Mind if you wait for me so we can head out together?"

"Yeah sure, I'll wait for you in my car." I tell Max before walking in to change my clothes.

—-—————

Max's pov

"The black dress or the blue one?"

I stare up at Hailey from her bed. She's showing me two dresses to wear to Lewis' party or at least I think she is. I haven't been paying much attention since she's standing in front of me in just a night robe and my mind is running wild.

Is she wearing anything under that? No, I can't think that way.

I force myself to take my eyes off her.

"You'll look beautiful in both." I tell her genuinely.

"That's not an answer." She chuckles, turning around to face the mirror, looking at her options.

"Fine, I want you in the blue one." I tell her because I want her to wear our team colour so when she walks in, the others will know who she belongs to.

"The blue one it is." Hailey says then goes into the bathroom to change.

When she comes out, she's all dolled up.

"Fuck." I mumble, hoping she didn't hear me.

I've only been used to seeing her in a race suit and casual clothes but her in a dress? The dress fabric clings to her body, her curves on full display. Her hair falls flawlessly on her shoulders.

"Are you sure I didn't overdo it?" She asks with an insecure voice, pulling me out of my daze.

"No. It's perfect." I gulp, lowering my head to the floor.

"Shall we go then?"

"Yeah, after you." I tell her while running my hand over my mouth, making sure I wasn't drooling.

We walk together to my car and I start driving towards Lewis' place.

                              ——————-

                            Hailey's pov

"Hey guys! Come on in." Lewis greets us at the door and I look around, stunned by the house he lives in.

How rich is this guy again?

"The party's out in the back." Lewis says, leading us outside.

The place is beautiful, with a pool and a wonderful view. As we walk further in, I spot the other drivers who have arrived before us. It's already crowded here and I can't help but feel a little nervous.

"Hey guys!" Max greets the rest and I do the same.

"Hailey! You made it!" Daniel exclaims when he sees me, clearly drunk.

"Hey Danny." I smile at him.

"Here, have a drink." He says and hands me a small glass shot.

"What even is this?" I smell the liquid and make a disgusted face.

"Don't knock it 'till you try it." Daniel says and downs his own drink.

I do the same, the liquid burning the back of my throat.

"Ugh...that was way too strong." I tell them and I chuckle.

"I'll go get you something decent to drink." Max says and heads towards the little bar area.

I take a look around and I see that everyone is having a blast.

Lando and Daniel are taking shots together, Pierre is dancing by the pool with his girlfriend, Carlos is eating the food that is served and Charles is....

Charles is seated on the couch, a girl that I haven't seen before is sitting on his lap. His hands are on her waist while her's are on top of his exposed chest, the buttons on his black shirt undone. They are both kissing each other fiercely, like they wouldn't mind fucking each other right there and then.

I try to walk away but for some reason I can't look away. I don't know if it's because of the way Charles is holding her or kissing her that makes me feel sick but in need to feel his hands on me at the same time.

Charles hands are on her waist, his lips on her's but his eyes are on me.

Charles looks at me standing there, his eyes leaving my face and fixating on my body. He gives me a slow, up and down look and his grip on the girl he's making out with tightens.

The thought of his hands on my waist crosses my mind and I look away immediately, feeling embarrassed.

"Here's your drink." Max says when he returns, holding two glasses in his hands.

"Thanks." I gulp down my drink in one go.

"Whoa hey, slow down or you will have a terrible headache tomorrow." Max holds one of my arms.

"I'll worry about that tomorrow." I grab another shot glass from the waiter that's walking by, downing that as well.

The rest of the night goes by in a blur. One minute I'm talking and laughing with the guys, the other minute I'm taking shots.

"I'll go to the bathroom real quick." I shout at Max and Lando over the loud music, who I've been talking to for the past few minutes.

"You want me to come with you?" Max asks and I shake my head.

"I'll be fine." I say and head inside.

I struggle up the stairs, not just because I'm wearing heels but because calling myself drunk right now would be an understatement.

There's a lot of doors on the second floor so at first I contemplate giving up finding the bathroom and peeing my pants but just as I'm about to leave...a girl comes out of a room and walks past me.

"Thanks." I mumble after her, thanking her since because of her I found the bathroom.

I walk to the door, opening it and getting inside. It is darker in here so my eyes take some time adjusting.

"What are you doing here?" A voice asks from behind me and I turn to look around.

In front of me, there's Charles, standing only in his boxers.

————————————————————————
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOTES ON MY STORY AND LEAVES NICE FEEDBACK, I APPRECIATE Y'ALL.🫶🏻

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS REGARDING TO THE STORY :)