5. Deal

Hailey's pov

"Hailey! Wait up!"

I stop walking when I hear someone calling my name from behind. When I turn around, I see Lewis running up to catch up to me.

"Lewis hey!" I greet him with a smile, a bit nervous because this is the first time he's ever talked to me.

"Mind if I walk with you?" He asks out of breath.

"Not at all!" I kindly answer and we start walking towards the garage.

"So, how have you been?" He ask and then takes a sip out of his water bottle.

"Good!" I give him a short answer, instead of telling him that I cried my eyes out last night and am running on two hours of sleep.

"Listen, I'm actually throwing a little get together tonight. You should come!" Lewis says when we stopped walking since we arrived at the Red Bull garage.

It's so nice of him to invite me but I'm nervous about how many people will be there. I've never felt too comfortable in crowded and closed-off places. I thought I'd get used to it, because of all the attention you get from this type of job, but it genuinely doesn't get easier.

"Little as in the entire Grid will be there?" I raise my eyebrows while fixing my hair which is up in a ponytail.

"Nah just me and the guys." He says calmly.

"Alright, I'll be there."

"Good luck today!" Lewis says before he starts walking away with a smile which I return.

"You too!" I shout behind him and I head towards the garage.

Before I can walk in, I feel a tug on my hair which immediately falls over my shoulders.

What the heck?

I turn around to see where my hair tie fell on the floor when I see Charles staring back at me while walking away. He puts my hair tie on his right wrist where he's wearing all of his other bracelets and rushes in his own garage.

This asshole! Why won't he leave me alone?

I start walking towards Charles like a mad woman. He doesn't get to treat me like shit anymore. I'm so over it. And to think that he only acts this way towards me and no one else.

"Hmm Hailey? The garage is this way?" Max says confused when I walk past him but I want to have a talk with the first ferrari driver and I've already made up my mind.

I walk inside the ferrari garage, my eyes searching the place for Charles but landing on Carlos instead.

Carlos approaches me with a confused look on his face but with a smile nonetheless.

"Hailey!"

"Hey Carlos!" I try putting on a smile to cover up the facts that I'm murdering Charles in my head right now.

"Can I help you?" He says and puts his hands on his waist.

"Oh, you want to help kill Charles with me?" I say sarcastically, earning a laugh from Carlos.

"It would be my pleasure but unfortunately we need lord Perceval this season, unless you're planning on joining us?" He says and winks.

"Thanks for the offer but I'm content with Redbull for the moment."

"I'm glad they gave you a chance, I've been watching you race and you're incredible!" Carlos says and I can't help but smile that at least someone feels this way.

"Hopefully I'll still be here by the end of the season."

"Don't dream too much about it."

Me and Carlos turn our heads towards where the voice came from.

Behind Carlos, Charles gets into the view, adjusting his race suit, his hair messy, my hair band still on his wrist.

I'm not going to lie, he looks so good in his race suit.

Don't look Don't look Don't look

"Are you going to say something or just stare at me?" Charles says with a cold tone, immediately bringing back to the night before when he said all those awful things to me.

When I look back at Charles now, I feel nothing but anger and disgust.

"I'll leave you guys to it." Carlos says, removing himself from this situation but not before he whispers "Call me if you need me to bail you out of jail."

"What the fuck did I do to you this time?" I start yelling at him and Charles starts walking towards his private driver room, I follow behind him.

"You know what I think? Swearing doesn't look pretty in a woman's mouth." He says, his back turned on me while he sips some water.

"I don't give a fuck about what you think Leclerc!" I say and he slowly turns to face me.

"I take it back. It is beautiful coming from your lips." Charles says smirking.

I can't tell if he's flirting with me or starting a fight. Why is he always playing games with me? I'm sick of it.

"Give me that back." I tell him, pointing at his wrist and he looks down at my hair tie.

"No." He murmurs and takes a few steps towards me.

"What do you mean no?" I ask Charles with a scoff, who is now standing inches away from me.

"This one is mine."

I take a few steps back to put distance between us, but he keeps walking towards me, closing the distance I'm creating.

I start taking a step back again but then I realise my back has hit the wall. Charles has caged me in place with his body. My palms start sweating and my breathing starts to quicken.

"I need that hair tie for practice today." I state with a low voice, the entire confidence I walked with in here entirely leaves my body.

"Beg for it."

Charles face tilts a bit on the side, his nose almost making contact with mine. I try to get myself to push him off of me, but my hands won't move.

Suddenly, he puts one of his hands up, his fingers slightly brushing with the side of my arm while they slide down slowly, my skin burning up where he is touching me.

I try to speak up, argue, say anything, make him stop...but I'm not sure I want him to stop.

Charles sees the way I react to his touch so he smirks.

"How about this...if you beat me in the race on Sunday, I'll give this back to you."

I take a deep breath and raise my head up, looking him in the eye.

"Are you ready to finish last then?" I tell him, dying to see his face once I win. I'm determined to.

"The only time I finish last is when I fuck."

My body goes rigid with his words. I finally manage to get myself away from his presence and I walk further into the room, my back turned on him.

"You can keep it, I don't want it back, but if I beat your ass this Sunday...." I stop and think of something I want Charles to do for me that might give me enough satisfaction "You'll bring me coffee every single work day." I say and turn to look at him while crossing my arms.

"Deal. And if I win?"

"If you win?" I gulp down, afraid of what he might ask in return.

"I want you to leave f1 for good."

Did I just struck a deal with the devil?

————————————————————————
FINALLY NEW CHAPTER 😀