8. Red

Charles' pov

I just stand there, watching her leave...leave with him.

I never meant to take it this far but I wasn't able to stop myself. When I saw his hands on her all I could see was red. My heart was flaming in my chest and I couldn't understand why, why that was happening to me, why when she leaned more into him I couldn't breathe properly....I had to stop it from happening...I had to stop it somehow.

I hate her for even coming to this party, I hate her for messing with my head, I hate her for dancing with him but more importantly, I hate that it wasn't me who she was touching, who she was holding.

I've never been so affected by anyone before. Not like she affects me. It's absurd and it's annoying and I'm furious. I'm furious at myself for feeling this way, for admitting it to myself and because of the fact that I care. I care more about her than I'd like when I'm supposed to look at her as only my competition.

"Charles, that was messed up mate." Carlos says, looking at me in an unapproving way.

"Aren't you supposed to be on my side, on my team?" I walk closer to him, now we're standing face to face.

"This isn't about picking sides Charles." Carlos turns his back on me, walking away "You should apologise to her."

I pick up a bottle of tequila that was on the floor and I down it, worried about what might go down tomorrow.

                               —-—————

                            Carlos' pov

I turn my head back and see Charles taking a swig of his drink, completely wasted to even stand straight. I sit on a nearby chair, watching over him so he doesn't hurt himself. I'm drunk myself, but at least my judgment is clear. How he treated Hailey was completely wrong.

"What's up with those two?"

I look up and see Lando standing next to me.

"Who knows?" I shrug.

"He hates her." Lando states while shaking his head.

I look at my team mate who stands close by the pool, looking like he's thinking about what just happened.

"No he doesn't." I whisper "Not really."

Lando sits down on a chair next to me, waiting for me to continue.

"She just makes him feel things he's never felt before." I say.

"Like what?"

"He definitely feels threatened by her but...there's something else there." I say while thinking "Charles just acts differently when she's around, it's like he almost..." I turn to look at Lando to realise that he has fallen asleep on the chair.

"Dios mío!" I say under my breath.

Why do I have to babysit these assholes?

—-—————

             Max's pov

She looks out of the taxi window the entire ride, probably trying to distract herself.

I take one of her hands in mine because she still seems like she's cold even though I wrapped her in my jacket.

I don't like seeing Hailey like this...I don't like it at all.

A feeling of protectiveness takes over me every time there's something bothering her and all I want to do is make her feel safe but at the moment she's shutting everyone out and I'm not sure how to break through.