004: Micheal Gray

Start from the beginning

Chelsea nodded silently once again. She had to get Polly's son back to her. Polly needed this.

The father and daughter climbed out of the car when they reached their destination. Straight away, Chelsea spotted two boys playing in their front garden. A younger boy, laughing whilst his brother chased him, and an older boy. Micheal. Polly's son.

Chelsea's heart jumped to her throat and she stopped walking, staring as the boy ran and laughed with his little brother.

Tommy stopped when he noticed his daughter wasn't beside him. He turned around and walked back to her.

"T-that's him." chelsea stuttered.

"Mm." Tommy nodded, "It is. Now, if you want to get him back to Polly and give her her son back, you're kinda gonna have to come with me."

Chelsea shook her head for a few moments, "Yeah. . .coming."

As they walked along, a woman emerged from the house and told her children that she had prepared them nice.

Chelsea could tell by the woman's voice that she was kind, she was just an ordinary woman.

"Mrs Johnson?" Tommy said, now standing beside the picket fence that surrounded the white house.

"Yes." Mrs Johnson nodded, looking from Tommy to Chelsea and back to Tommy, "Who are you?"

"I am from Birmingham Council." Tommy said, introducing himself, "Bordesley Parish."

"No one wrote to me." The woman said, gripping onto the fence tightly, "What do you want?"

"We would like to talk about your. . .son, about Henry." Chelsea said, trying to sound as nice and calm as possible, "Can we come in?"

"I'd rather you didn't. He doesn't like that talk about this." she said, shaking her head violently.

"I see." Tommy whispered, "So, what does Henry know about his real identity, Mrs Johnson?"

Mrs Johnson didn't answer, "I- I only ever talk to Mr Ross from the agency and he only ever writes. So why are you here in person?"

"Well, the boy is approaching his eighteenth birthday." said Chelsea.

"This isn't right." Mrs Johnson said, "You two aren't from the council, you're too young, something isn't right."

"What does he know Mrs Johnson?" Tommy repeated.

"He knows his mother couldn't cope." she said, suddenly her lovely voice turning to one filled with anger, "She drank too much, she used opium, she used to beat him."

Chelsea grit her teeth, "That's not the truth though, is it?"

"Look, you should come back when my husband is here." she said, looking up at Tommy in fear.

"Does he know what his real name is?" Chelsea asked.

"His name is Johnson. Henry Johnson. Now, I would like for you to both go away and come back when my husband is here."

"No, no i'll tell you the truth then." Chelsea said, taking a step towards the woman, " The truth is he was taken from his mother without her permission!"

Micheal emerged from the house and marched up beside his mother.

"Henry, go back inside, please!" His 'mother' pleaded.

"Who are you?" Micheal asked.

"Your real name is Micheal Gray." said Chelsea, feeling slightly sick as Micheal looked down at her, he had the same terrifying look that Polly did, "Your real mother wants to see you. Her address if on the back of this card. She wants to talk."

The woman began to hit Chelsea, shouting at her to go away.

Tommy grabbed Chelsea and pulled her away before looking at Micheal, "She just wants to talk."

Keeping ahold of Chelsea's hand, Tommy led them back down the driveway and to his car.

"Hey, you alright?" Tommy asked before he opened his car door, "She didn't catch you did she?"

"Oh, God no, I'm fine." Chelsea laughed, "Don't be stupid."

"We're gonna get him back to her, Princess." Tommy smiled, "We can do that now. It's not like when you were little and I promised things I couldn't keep. This time it's different. We're getting there in life. Eventually, I'll give you everything you want."

"Dad, I already have everything I want." Chelsea sighed.

Tommy smiled proudly before taking Chelsea's face in his hand and kissing her repeatedly on her head.

Chelsea laughed, "Dad, stop! Stop."

When they got back to Small Heath, Tommy instructed Chelsea to go to the boxing gym and get Finn and Arthur back to the house.

Chelsea did just that and when she got there, she saw Finn Shelby in the ring with Isaiah Jesus.

Chelsea stood there in awe, Isaiah didn't have a top on, his muscles and his body was on show for everyone to see, but only one person was staring.

And that was Chelsea Shelby.

Stop it, Chelsea thought, He's Finn's friend and Finn would kill you. Oh, and so would all the rest of your family that happen to be gang members and would shoot any man you dare go near.

All the men were shouting at Finn, saying he was being a disgrace and that this wasn't how a Shelby acted.

Chelsea finally pulled her eyes of Isaiah and shut the men down, saying she would slice their eyes out if they ever spoke to Finn like that again.

Suddenly, Chelsea's threats were silenced when someone groaned loudly, their fists banging against someone's face, the sound of flesh breaking and skin cracking filled Chelsea's ears.

Chelsea looked over and saw her Uncle, Arthur Shelby, in the ring with someone, sat on top of them as he repeatedly brung his fist down to their face.

"Get him out!" Chelsea shouted.

The men who ran the boxing ring ran over to Arthur and grabbed him by both the arms, pulling him off the man and throwing him backwards.

Chelsea looked down at the person on the floor, their face was completly bloody, skin cracked and scratched. A man lowered his ear to his face, but he couldn't hear anything.

Arthur had killed him.

"Arthur!" Chelsea shouted, jumping over the strings that surrounded the ring and pushed Arthur back, "Stop it! Now! You're making a fool out of yourself."

Arthur stared at Chelsea and began to calm down, but as Chelsea stared back at him, it was like she was staring into a strangers eyes.

"Tell Tom!" Finn screamed.

"Are you mad?" Chelsea shouted back, no longer looking for Isaiah, "My dad will kill him and then us for allowing him to get that far!"

"Oh like Thomas would even raise his voice at you." Finn sighed.

"Shut your pie hole, Finn." Chelsea growled, "Before I carve it out."

Finn reluctantly went silent, and looked over at his friend, Isaiah, to see what he was doing, maybe this sight was disturbing him.

But, Isaiah wasn't even looking at the man that now lay dead on the floor, instead he was looking at Chelsea, his eyes widened and his mouth dropped open.

Finn balled up his fists and punched Isaiah in the stomach.

Isaiah folded and collapsed to the floor, "What the fuck was that for?"

"Don't look at her like that."