PART 13: THE SHOCK

I wake up with sweat. The clock says 4:27 in the morning. Shit! I dreamed of him. I dreamed of Aadarsh being not so Aadarsh like always. He was holding me tightly and shouting at me something about Vihaan and how I am a slave of him. I could feel the anger pouring down his eyes and it felt like I am the old Anika again : vulnerable, weak and scared.

I pick up my phone and I block every tiny detail I have about him even the picture which keeps a shadow of him. I want to forget him like he never existed for me. The day before, I told everything to my mom and dad. It was tough but I told them what happened with Aadarsh. I was scared all this time but yesterday when I told them all of this I feel even more stronger.

I thought my parents would be mad at me and worse embarrassed of me. But they understood me like I am their best friend. My father went to the extent of calling his father and warning him of sending Aadarsh to jail if he even roams near me ever again. I don't know if I did right or wrong but I feel strong no matter what. My parents are standing straight with me. They told me how I should stop paying heed to these boys and how they are not worth my time at this moment. The urge to study hard and be something is more than anything. I needed this. I needed him to do this. It made my head so much clear.

BUT, am I really not scared anymore? What I did is absolutely mind blowing. I am proud of myself. But is my inner self healed. This dream really meant something. Even after erasing him from everywhere, the thought of him sends me chills down my spine. I hate him for doing this to me. It really feels like PTSD. This will take time and I will give it time.

I reach office at 5:30 like regular but this time with all my stuff since I've decided to stay here like my mother approved. It's better for me plus comfortable.

I reach the manager's office. Abhi is sitting there having a chitchat with our front guards. I knock on his gate. He looks at me and passes a weak smile. "Come In Anika. Good evening." He says

" Good evening Sir. With regard to the stay in guest house for employees, I would like to register my name." I reply.
" Oh that's a good idea. But you know that some portion of your salary would get cut right." He asks.
" Yes sir I do have an idea about that." I reply to him. I am completely okay with 2k being cut for giving me a stay really. All I need is to regain focus and I would do whatever it needs.

I go over to the another building where they have opened their guest house. The guest house looks pretty luxury with very decent tones of white and gold and metallic designs here and there. It's a beautiful building.

The worker in there gives me the keys to my room no 204 which is there on the second floor. It's a pretty 200 Sq ft room with a decent bathroom. The undertones of lavendar with white gives my room a very decent look with one gold abstract painting just above my bed. To my surprise there's a study which I absolutely did not expect. A 6 ft wardrobe, kettle, lamp are some of the other amenities there. There's a small window beside my bed. I go over there to take a look. I can directly look at the main entrance and the garden and the field. The view is pretty good from this small window. Over and all, I love it.

I click a picture of my room to forward it to my dad and mom and some other college friends. I put my stuff over there and rush to my library as it's already 6:45p.m. I literally didn't pay attention to the time. Maybe I got a little too excited.

I rush to the second building towards the second floor. God! I am already so late and it just feels horrible lately with all that's happening. I reach the frontgate and to my surprise everybody is sitting with Vihaan and I don't understand why. I let out a little squeak just because I feel delighted to see all my cousins at the library. They are all holding brown cups with subtle golden touch to them and having coffee and some cookies and snacks are on the sides. I realise that I am too hungry since I didn't have anything since morning.