𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

20 years later — 2042

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"LILY NORRIS WINS THE 2047 FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!"

"YES! THAT'S MY BLOODY DAUGHTER!" Mira Norris screamed.

For the longest time, Mira Atkinson had been led to believe that Autistic individuals were less than Non-Typical, from her abusive foster parents to the way the media portrayed people like her. As she grew up, she knew it wasn't all true but that didn't mean the world wasn't difficult for her when it wasn't for others. Mira Atkinson was also led to believe people like her couldn't be successful.

Mira Norris knew that wasn't true when she looked at her daughter.

Lily Norris, the first Autistic Formula 1 driver. The twenty-three-year-old girl who'd only been racing in Formula 1, at Red Bull, for three years. She had a championship and Lando Norris couldn't be prouder.

He couldn't be prouder of both his kids. Theo had grown up to be a very bright and colourful nineteen-year-old who was thriving in his football career, a clear talent in it. Lando wasn't sure where he got that from since he and Mira were a disaster at the game.

"I told you that you'd beat them!" Theo screamed, hugging his sister. "I bloody told you!"

The best thing for Mira to see was that her daughter was not the only female in the sport. On the Formula 1 grid, there were four women following in the footsteps of championship holders, Anneli Raikonnen and Robyn Saunders.

But, as Mira and Lando told everyone, Lily was the best.

"You deserve this," said Lando tearfully. "I'm so proud of you."

"I know," Lily smiled. "I have to go...the podium."

Mira threw her arms around Lily one last time before she was taken up to the podium. Oh, how times had changed from Mira watching her husband race to watching her daughter.

"Make sure to rub it in Kirk's face that you won!" Esme O'Ward added from beside Mira.

"I can't do that Aunt Esme," Lily rolled her eyes. "Okay, I really have to go now!"

"You're a bad influence," Pato O'Ward glared playfully at his wife, their six-year-old son Diego on his shoulders.

"She always has been but it did get me places," Mira joked as she looked up at Lando.

It was crazy how things spiralled into one another, wasn't it? If Esme hadn't persuaded Mira to take part in a charity event, she and Lando might have remained work colleagues. If Mira never met Lando, Esme never would have met Pato. Without Esme moving to America, Lando and Mira wouldn't have been as long as they were, even though it still would have worked out.

Who knew a simple competition could turn into a husband, two kids and the best life Mira could have hoped for? 

Mira Atkinson had lived in the shadows but Lando Norris taught her the light wasn't so bad after all.

I am emotional <3 I adore this story, despite it needing editing at some point. Mira has to be one of my favourite OCs because I poured so many of my experiences into her character. I hoped you loved her as much as I did :)