XLiV| Hypocrites

"Don't be a hypocrite, Mike."

Sometimes, those that found life more difficult than others had moments where they came crashing down

Sometimes, those that found life more difficult than others had moments where they came crashing down. Sometimes there was a trigger and other times, there was no specific reason...they just crashed.

Mira burnt out once a year, normally after the pro-championship. It became impossible to move, do daily tasks and pretend to be bright and bubbly when she wasn't. Some years it lasted a couple of days and some years it lasted up to two weeks. She was lucky in her mind, she knew people who got burnt out on a weekly basis through normal jobs.

With so much going on in the recent year and the media now following her, Mira had to be careful. She had dropped her mask when she met Lando, something she was grateful for. He persuaded her that if she tried to please everyone, she'd only get hurt and what was the point of trying to act normal when there was no such thing as a normal person?

She still held herself 'together' when doing important things but everyday life was surprisingly easier. She knew it was because she loved what she was doing and helping people while she did it.

Lando was great when it came to her burntouts, which happened around three times in 2021. He was there to cook when she couldn't find the will to or encourage her to sit in the garden with him so she'd get fresher air. She'd never had that before: Mike had always told her to just 'get on with it' and she'd never wanted to burden Esme.

Lando got over concerned about Mira sometimes and she had to explain things that seemed alarming to him and were completely normal to her. He didn't want to leave her when it was time to go back racing but Mira assured him she'd be okay.

As Mira had assured, she was back to normal daily schedules when he returned from Australia. In fact, she seemed more cheerful than ever as she did Quadrant tasks and streams. 

On the day Lando had gotten back, he was lying on the sofa behind Mira's set-up, causing a lot of the chat to be typing "IT'S LANDO NORRIS" and going crazy. Mira just laughed at it and Lando even gave a little wave from where he lay on his phone.

"You're more popular than me on my own stream, Lando," Mira commented as she spun in her chair.

"I'm very loved," Lando joked.

"They want you to play F1 2023 with me," Lando hummed. "I don't think you could beat me. Who has the championship here? Me?"

"Hilarious," Lando rolled his eyes.

Lando had actually brought his smaller set up to Mira's house, just the pedals and steering wheel, along with the monitor. Mira found it funny when she had the full sim rig but he was the actual Formula 1 driver.

Standing up, Lando leaned on Mira's chair and looked down at the chat.

"They want to know what the story is," Lando mentioned, pointing to the chat. "I don't know, it's a secret."