iV| Loki's walk

"Do you drive?"

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎮🇬🇧 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : LET'S GO LANDO

"Let's go Lando, he is one of us

He's racing like a lion, shouldn't he Dutch?"

Woking was the type of place that gave big-city vibes while being a smaller place

Woking was the type of place that gave big-city vibes while being a smaller place. That's what Mira thought and she liked it, allowing her to be close to London without adding more daily stress to her life, which she already struggles with without any other external factors. While she had thought about moving up North in the past, she knew she wouldn't be able to handle it. It was just too far from her brothers and the friends she had.

There was a time when she even thought about going to University before she realised education wasn't for her and nothing was ever going to change that. She wasn't mentally ready, even if she had ever reached academic capability.

She was glad she didn't. While she was sure she would have made friends with people who were like her in personality and even those who had subtle similarities, she knew the experience would have made her life miserable in other ways.

She wondered if her life would have been different if it weren't for Luke. While it was Mike who hunted Mira down and went through the courts for legal guardianship, Luke was there for Mira more than he was. Mike worked and she appreciated that but he offered little comfort in times when she needed it. He was stern in his ways and always thought of Mira as a child.

Luke wasn't like that. He understood that Mira had additional needs that others didn't particularly have but he never treated her like a child. He knew she was an adult and could look after herself, even if she needed help now and again...but didn't everyone at least once in their life?

Luke was kindhearted and everyone knew that. Perhaps that's why he was on his way to marrying his long-term boyfriend before Mike could even hold a relationship. Mira remembered the days when Mike would introduce her to a girlfriend, allow Mira to warm up to her, and then the woman would be gone in a month.

For a young autistic girl who couldn't deal with change, it wasn't a great thing. 

"Get yourself together," Mira breathed. "You just had a Twitch stream with Lando Norris, nothing special...that's a lie...oh my god, I just had a Twitch stream with Lando Norris..."

Mira scrambled out of her chair, picked up Loki like a baby, and scattered into Esme's room. Esme left her door open to let Mira know that she was allowed to just walk in and would lock if she didn't want to be disturbed. Mainly because Mira would forget the courtesy of knocking when she knew her friend so well, and she made that clear to Esme that she needed to set boundaries.