XXiX| Conflict of Interest

"Pretty sure that's a conflict of interest to my job, Lando."

Mira wasn't quite sure why she agreed to it

She supposed it was because McLaren was happy to host the young woman in their hospitality and give her any support that she needed. She also knew that Luke and Marco would be there with her the entire way, alongside Lando and Esme. There were a lot of them. 

She still wasn't quite sure about heading out to Bahrain to watch Lando race.

She knew that she would be nervous watching him race like she was in Silverstone.

Mira would be in Bahrain for around a week and a half since she was going to be there for Pre-season testing as well. 

Mike had denied coming, having no interest in racing or Lando Norris at all. As long as there were people with Mira, he didn't really care. He was more annoyed that Mira had accepted the offer when, in his mind, she couldn't stand travelling.

That wasn't true, Mira didn't mind flying, she just didn't like flying alone. Of course, Lando and Mira had rented a private jet for the occasion because, well, they could and why wouldn't they when it made life easier? If Mira wasn't so nervous about everything that came around the idea of flying, mainly people, she would have taken it commercially because part of her still got upset about the environment.

Lando had also promised Mira that he would keep their relationships wrapped around the paddock since he didn't want her to get harrassed by the media. He didn't want that for her. Lando wondered if one day, she would feel safe walking down the paddock hand-in-hand. He'd like that but he wouldn't put her at risk for it.

Mira was his everything and sometimes, it surprised even him. If he was honest, Mira was usually his type and yet, she'd pulled him into the spiral of a life together.  It made it all the more worthwhile. 

Although, Mira was naturally going to get noticed more now that she was part of Quadrant and people were starting to pay more attention to the e-sports. Even if that wasn't the case, people could still see her with Lando.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay wearing a mask still?" Lando questioned worriedly. "I'm sure we can—"

"Lando, I've done it for the past year, it's fine," Mira chuckled. "You worry too much."

"We all do," Luke smiled. "Have you met Daniel before Mira?"

That's right, with Carlos moving to Ferri, Daniel Ricciardo was now joining Lando as a teammate.  Mira hadn't met him directly before but he seemed nice when she was passing him in the paddock.

"Not yet," Mira shook her head.

"You'll like Daniel," Lando insisted. "It's hard not to like Daniel, even though I'll still miss Carlos."

"You make it sound like he has left the sport," Marco commented lightly.

"No," Lando grinned. "I can still annoy him even though he's with the big shots now."

Shadow → Lando Norris (UNDER EDITING)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara