Ch 12

Freya was in a good mood throughout the day. After changing, she headed to the next class, where, despite some whispers, everything was uneventful. Following her classes, she diligently worked on her homework and even prepared the two-roll parchment essay on werewolves for Snape.

Snape, who was clearly jealous, seemed satisfied seeing his tie around her neck. She gently caressed the tie that was still on her, although she had already changed into comfier clothes—sweatpants and a crop top.

As she looked up, she realized it was almost 9, so she swiftly gathered everything she needed and headed towards the Potion class. Walking down the quiet corridors, she felt shivers running down her spine. Upon arriving, she knocked on the door, and she could hear Severus's deep voice saying "Come in," so she did.

She stepped inside and observed Snape sitting behind his desk, engrossed in reading something. He didn't look up as she walked towards him. When she reached his desk, he glanced up, his eyes widening as he looked her up and down, expressing something she couldn't quite describe. "Miss Williams," his voice cracked, and he cleared his throat before continuing. "I think I've already made it clear today that you must be in uniform within the school premises."

She gazed deeply into his eyes, leaning on his desk to be closer to him as she whispered, "Oh, but I'm wearing your tie," and she gestured towards it, emphasizing her chest.

His eyes followed and lingered there for a brief moment before snapping back to hers, sarcasm dripping from his words. "I am happy to see that you wear the tie that shows where you belong," he paused, and a moment of satisfaction lit in his eyes before fading. "But where is the rest of your uniform?"

Freya stepped back, then shrugged. "School is over for today, and I thought I'd wear something comfortable for our time... I mean for detention," she smiled at him widely.

Snape looked at her thoughtfully but then decided to let it slide. "I would have appreciated if you asked permission first, but I'm giving it to you now for our detention. You can wear whatever you want," he said, then nodded toward the bags in her hands. "What is it?"

Freya smiled and walked around the desk. The man turned to meet her eyes as she stepped closer. "Thank you, Severus," she smiled softly and handed him the bag. He was surprised, recognizing what it was, even though she had mentioned it was his gift. He couldn't believe she had actually bought him something as a thank-you gift. He opened the bag and took out the bottle of Firewhiskey.

Then, looking at her smiling face, she fidgeted nervously with her hands, awaiting his reaction. She pretended to be apprehensive, as if she was afraid of receiving a negative reaction from him. Snape didn't know how to act around her. She made him feel things he hadn't felt before, or at least not for a long time. He cleared his throat and placed the whiskey on one of the shelves behind him.

"It's nothing. I am your Housemaster, after all. It's my job," he said, and she laughed. "Still, I'm really appreciative, Master," and she winked.

"Freya," he growled, and she felt as though she had been struck by lightning, a rush of excitement running through her. "I would prefer if you call me 'Professor' and stay true to your words," he demanded coldly, but his eyes blazing with intensity as he held her gaze.

She smiled mischievously and leaned in very close, sensing his breath on her face. Half-closing her eyes, she whispered, "No problem, Professor." He stiffened, taking a sharp gasp, and she stepped back, motioning toward the parchments she had just placed on his desk. "It's my homework about Lupin," she winked, "and by the way, your hints were clear. I think Potter's just dumb."

She shrugged and walked around the desk to sit across from him in the chair. Snape couldn't respond immediately. "I didn't give hints," he attempted, but as she rolled her eyes and gestured to her head, he sighed, "Okay, I tried to warn him," looking annoyed.