Loki And Alana Return To Midgard

Chapter 34

When Loki and Alana walked into Avengers Tower, the Avengers were shocked to see them. Even though it had only been a few hours, it seemed like forever since they saw them. When Clint sees Alana, he goes running to her, "Oh, Alana I have missed so much." Then he hugs her. Alana replies, "I missed you too, Clint." Clint asked Alana, "Are you here to stay?" Alana answered, "No, Clint. I'm the queen of Asgard now and Loki is my husband." Clint said, "What! You mean you got married without even telling me. Didn't you want me to be there?" Alana answered, "Yes, I would have loved to have you there, but the marriage happened suddenly and there wasn't enough time to let you or anybody else know." Clint looked at Alana strangely and asked, "Alana, you are not.....pregnant are you?" Alana answered, "No! Of course not. The reason we had to get married suddenly is because Odin's health was deteriorating fast. So, we had to suddenly have the marriage and the coronation before the agreed time of two weeks. In fact, that's why we are here." Thor asks Loki, "How is father?" Loki took a deep breath and said, "Father passed away a short while ago. That's why I'm here." Thor sat down with his head in his hands. Loki said, "I'm sorry brother but there wasn't enough time to come and get you. Like Alana said, we had to put a rush on everything before he passed." Thor asked, "How's mother?" Loki answered, "Surprisingly well. She said that father knew his time was short and that's why he was in such a rush to have one of us take the throne." Thor asked Loki, "Have you had the funeral yet?" Loki answered, "No. We were waiting for you to come before we had it." Thor looked at the Avengers and said, "I have to go to Asgard for a while. I'm not sure when I'll be back." Captain America replied, "Go Thor and take care of your father's funeral and come back when you can." So, Loki, Alana and Thor turned around to leave. Clint asks Alana, "You are not really going to leave again, are you?" Alana answered, "Yes, Clint. I'm going with my husband. Good-bye, Clint." Clint starts to speak but Nat stops him. "Let her go Clint, she's a married woman now." Clint just looks at Nat, and she says again, "Let her go." Clint drops his head and shakes his head "yes." With that Loki, Alana and Thor go outside to call on Heimdall for the bifrost. Loki asks Alana, "Beautiful, are you ok?" Alana answered, "Yes, I'm fine. Let's go." So, Loki calls on Heimdall to open the bifrost and they leave.

Within a few seconds they were back on Asgard. Heimdall greets Thor, "Welcome back to Asgard Prince Thor. I'm sorry for your loss." Thor says, "Thank you Heimdall." Loki asks Heimdall, "Where is our mother?" Heimdall replies, "Your mother is waiting for you in the throne room." So, they went to the throne room. When they reached the throne room, they entered. When they went in, they saw Frigga walking back and forth. Loki tells his mother, "I have brought Thor back with me, mother. "Thor replies, "Yes, mother I'm here." Frigga turns around and greets her son. "Oh, Thor. Your father is dead" Thor answers, "Yes, mother I know. Loki has already told me." Loki said, "We will prepare for the funeral now since Thor has arrived." Alan said, "I will stay here with Frigga. While you prepare for your father's funeral." Loki replies, "That's a good idea my queen. Come Thor, let's go and prepare for our father's burial." Thor answered, "Yes brother."