Odin's Sick

Chapter 1

On Asgard, all was not well with Odin. His health had started to deteriorate, and he had become very ill and frail. Years of being the All Father and in battles had taken its toll on his body and mind. The once mighty All Father had become a weak and feeble old man and was in need of a successor before he passed onto Valhalla. With the banishment of his youngest son, Loki to Midgard for all eternity, this also took a toll on him. Odin had banished Loki because they had a huge argument on how the kingdom should be ruled and Loki's arrogance. Loki had wanted the kingdom to go to war with the nine realms in order to make Asgard stronger, while Odin wanted peace not war with the nine realms. Since Odin couldn't kill his own son, he banished him to Midgard where he had to live like a mortal, which meant Loki had to learn how to survive as a mortal. Odin gave Loki the essentials to survive on Midgard; money and the knowledge of how things worked on Midgard, such as driving a Midgardian vehicle. Once the money ran out that his father had given him, Loki would have to go out and work for his money like a normal Midgardian. Since Odin banished Loki, the throne went to Thor BUT Thor didn't want it, so he convinced his father to lift Loki's banishment. So, Thor went to Midgard to bring Loki back to Asgard where he can take the throne and become king and new All Father.

Earlier in the day, Odin sends for Thor, who arrives as quickly as he could. Thor went into Odin's throne room. When Thor sees his father in such a terrible shape, he asks his father, "Father, what's wrong?" Odin replies, "Thor my son, I'm sick. I need you to take the throne and title of King of Asgard." Thor felt sorry for his father, but he couldn't do what his father asked because he was in love with Jane. Thor tells his father, "I'm sorry father but I can not be King of Asgard because I'm in love with Jane and want to stay on Midgard." Odin said, "I need you here. You are the ONLY one who can do it." Thor said, "That's not true, father. You still have another son who would be perfect for the throne." Odin coughed and said, "I HAVE NO OTHER SON!" Thor replies, "Yes you do, Loki. Loki would be perfect for the throne." Odin replies, "I banished Loki for a reason, Thor." Thor answers, "Yes, a stupid reason. Just because he thinks for himself and does not do what you command." Thor continues, "If you want an heir, then you have to bring Loki back. Otherwise, Asgard will not have a king." Odin thought for a moment then said, "Fine! Go to Midgard and get him. Then bring him back here." Thor said, "Ok father, I will at once."