CHAPTER 1

YEAR 2025

"You idiots, find her! How the hell did she escape again! Find her now! You little bitch, get back here!" The scumbag yelling at his men.

All I could do was laugh and run, getting away from them. Yes, I am a very fast runner; just really didn't have a choice in the matter right now. These idiots caught me for whatever reason that they have, So, I kindly escape and stole some canned fruit that I found on the way. I'd chase me down too if I were in their shoes.

Okay, let me back up a little bit here to tell you part of my 22 years of living on this shitty world. My name is Star Wilson. I'm 5ft 6in, green eyes, red hair that is from the fire pit of hell itself, with a silver streak that was all natural. My mother used to tell me that I had that ever since I was born. My weight I couldn't tell you that because of the struggle of finding food these days. Though, I guess, I'm kind of healthy considering the circumstances we are all in right now.

Our once beautiful world as we know it, has come to be a big piece of crap now. There was no alien invasion, zombie apocalypse, not even a nuclear war attack. Our world as we know it, is a dead planet. One day it just happened, and things just started dyeing for no reason. Like everything got the life sucked right out of it. No one could figure out what it was happening or how it happened. 

Water is really hard to come by these days. If you can find a cactus, you're in luck because a cactus for some reason can hold water. Now, if you can get the pointy things off of it; it will be as good as gold. Yep, it's a true fact. Look it up, you will see.

Panic happened, fighting started, killing began, then survival kicked in. People were starting to go crazy not thinking straight about how to fix all of this, since out wonderful government didn't do shit about it. Though them, rich bastards didn't even make it the first six months; The were properly someone's next meal. Serves them right. You get it? Hahaha. 

At a rapid rate our home that we called earth is now everyone's new hell.

My parents was some type of black ops before the world decided to take a turn for the worst. As soon as I learned how to walk and talk everything changed in my life for the better and for the worst. My parents trained me to be a lethal weapon, a survivalist, a fucking Miss. MacGyver; making sure that I could get out of any situation that came my way. From kicking ass, to being locked into a cell, even down to being tied up. 

Yep, there is always a way when you think there wasn't. Yet, someone like me will come along and prove each and every one wrong. Just so I can say, "I told you so." Though trust me there is always a way no matter what the situation is.  

People were always after my parents. Before, during, and after the world went to shit; so, my kickass parents trained me at a very young age because of the work that they did. They wanted to make sure that I could take care of myself at any given time growing up. Mom and dad were always testing me in any way that they could until their last breath.

Don't get me wrong now; I'm grateful that my parents did what they did in training me the way they did but absolutely despise them for the training methods that they did use on me. To be honest, some were better than others. If I had a choice to make on the punishment or training for whatever reason they saw fit. It was usually the worse out of the two so I could just be done and over with it. Because there is no such thing as an easy training day when it came to my parents. 

There were even days when my own mother started whipping me with a leather that they used back in their day. That shit hurt like a bitch. I didn't talk to either of my parents for weeks after my mother did that to me.

My mother told me that the world changed, and it had been for the worst. That this was something that would help me get stronger, that it would help me survive if I had ever gotten into a situation like that. The world changed and so did everything else. So did the training and the worst of the training began. It's funny really, all that training and I still couldn't even save my own parents.