Chapter 4 - Hell Heard It Too

4

February 11th, 2010, 11:27 A.M.

I sat on the couch in Bobby's informal living room, now wearing loose black sweatpants and a black tee under a soft throw blanket wrapped around my arms, my slightly damp hair pulled to one side over my shoulder as I stared at the floor. Sam was sitting quietly beside me, his hair also damp and pushed back behind his ears and wearing normal day clothes again as he stared down at his discolored hand with his cut up face now a little flushed, the red mark on his jaw now a mix of deeper shades of green and purple.

Mandy and Bobby were also in the room with Bobby sitting in an armchair as he leaned over the coffee table, sifting through multiple reports and old books lying open with depictions of angels and demons in between the text. Mandy leaned against the large ornate fireplace with her arms crossed, her blonde and black streaked wavy hair falling over her shoulders, now wearing comfortable clothes in all black with a thoughtful and determined look on her face as she prepared herself to explain everything she had found out during her trip to hell.

Griffin came through the double doors and walked to the middle of the room, stopping in front of the coffee table and scanning everything silently when his eyes went back to Sam, eyeing the hand he was nursing in his lap.

"You gonna let me take a look at that, Sam?"

Sam finally looked up, Mandy's eyes scanning his hand before she shook her head, "He's right, Sam. It might not be broken, but you're still gonna probably need a cast for that?"

Sam looked back at Mandy, shaking his head lightly as his eyes returned to his lap, "I know... We'll figure that out after this, okay?"

Griffin nodded, settling down onto the arm chair across from Bobby as he looked back at Sam, "I'm sorry we don't exactly have an x-ray machine, but... It doesn't look good, Sam."

I broke out of my stare, looking back at Sam's hand and furrowing my brows slightly, "Does it hurt?"

Sam glanced back, shaking his head and looking down again, "A little... But it's okay, don't worry about me."

Mandy had a look of concern in her eyes as she stared back at Sam, trying to read the expression on his face before she forced herself to look away, shaking her head as she started to stand up and drop her arms down to her side, "Has anyone seen Dean? He's the only one we're waiting on, right?"

"I'm right here, hold your horses."

Dean then came around the corner, walking through the arch on the other side with a slight limp and holding a mug of coffee in his hands just before he stopped near the edge of the couch where I was seated, silently offering me the lightly colored cup of coffee.

I looked back up, slowly reaching out and taking the warm mug from him with a forced half smile, "Thanks."

Dean got settled on the couch next to Sam as he groaned slightly, looking back and forth between Bobby and Mandy, "Alright, what do we know? Has Saraph come back yet?"

Mandy shook her head as she kicked an ottoman closer to the coffee table with her foot, "No, I haven't seen her since I was downstairs... She mentioned something about checking upstairs for him, but... It's not like I can really call her to check where she is?"

I stopped, shaking my head as I furrowed my brows, "What about my mother? Has anyone tried to reach out to her?"

Dean glanced back, a hesitant look on his face as he shook his head, "We tried, but she's not answering... You think maybe she'll answer if you call her?"