Chapter 11 - When The Levee Breaks

11

February 13th, 2010, 11:49 A.M.

03:41:56

Dean, Griffin and Kendrick were all sitting in the supply closet as they created Molotov cocktails in the small brown bottles, filling them with various liquids and stuffing white cloths through the opening.

Just then there was the sound of banging on the front door, hearing a female voice from outside the building, "Open up!"

Dean shot up first, grabbing the nearby shotgun and rushing for the door when Griffin followed past him, "Dean, wait-"

They both rushed through the darkened doctors office when Dean's eyes finally stopped on Mandy through the glass door, looking sweaty and dirty in her black jeans and tank top. He immediately dropped the gun and rushed to push the furniture out of the way, Griffin coming up behind him and helping him to clear the path when Dean finally unlocked the door and let Mandy inside.

Their bodies crashed together, Dean wrapping his arms up around her and holding her head close to him as he shut his eyes while Mandy kept her arms wrapped tightly around his shoulders and neck.

Dean finally eased up, his breath shaking as he shook his head and glared back at her, "What the hell were you thinking?! You coulda got yourself killed!"

She gave him a look, shaking her head as her arms slid down his shoulders, "I just saved your ass? A little thanks would be nice?"

Griffin let out a laugh, shaking his head as he raised his eyebrows, "How the hell did you get away from all those things out there? You didn't even have any weapons on you?"

Mandy shrugged with a tired smirk, "Anything can be a weapon if you try hard enough?"

Dean began to inspect her with his hands and eyes, shaking his head, "Are you hurt? Did you get bit?"

She shook her head as she pulled away, letting out an exhausted sigh and shaking her head, "No, I'm fine. I mostly just, uh... I might have climbed up one of those buildings and waited it out? But that's not important, there's something else I need to tell you guys."

Griffin made a face, shaking his head as his shoulders slumped forward, "Jesus, what now?"

She glanced back, shaking her head before looking back up at Dean, "I got an old school radio to work, and I managed to overhear that the U.S. Army is on their way. They're planning a full scale attack, to wipe out everything on this island... They're gonna bomb this whole place to hell."

Griffin's eyes went wide, "What?! When?!-"

"I don't know, but we need to get off this island right now. Grab the others and let's go-"

"Wait, wait, no. Sammy's still working on a cure. We can't leave until he-"

"If we don't get off this island soon, then we're all gonna die?! Did you hear what I just said?"

Dean's expression stayed resolute as he shook his head, "We are not leaving Sammy behind... Either we all get off this island, or none of us do?"