17

I finally caught up to Ponyboy, Johnny, and Dallas at the drive in.

It was dark now, and the three of them were walking towards the back to sneak in under the fence.

"You assholes! Couldn't even wait for me!" I huffed, as I caught up to them.

"You were taking too long." Ponyboy shrugged, before he crawled under the fence.

Dallas turned to me.

He stood there silently, as he looked me up and down, over and over again.

"Come on, Dallas." Johnny whispered after he crawled under.

Dallas shook his head and blinked quickly, as he snapped back to reality.

Dallas quickly crawled under the fence, and I did the same after him.

Dallas extended his hand down to me, and helped me back up to my feet.

During our short walk to the front to find some seats, Dallas couldn't keep his eyes off of me.

As Dallas sat down, Ponyboy sat next to him.

"Wrong spot kid." Dallas told Ponyboy harshly.

Ponyboy rolled his eyes, and moved one seat over.

Dallas patted on the seat next to him, as he looked up at me, and smiled.

I had him exactly where I wanted him.

"Be nice to Pony." I told Dallas, as I sat down next to him.

"Thank you." Ponyboy mumbled, as Johnny sat down on the other side of Ponyboy.

I reached into my back pocket, and pulled out Dallas's ring.

I stuck it in the pocket on his shirt.

"You dropped this earlier." I said.

Dallas let out a chuckle, as he pulled the ring out of his shirt pocket.

"No I didn't, sweetheart," Dallas spoke loudly, "I stuck it in your pocket for a reason."

Ponyboy and Johnny turned their heads towards us.

I could feel my cheeks turn red.

Then, Dallas smirked as he dropped the ring down the front of my shirt, and into my bra.

"Dallas, stop it." I scolded.

"I am more than happy to fish it out for you." He winked at me.

"Man, it's freezing out." Ponyboy spoke, as he turned his attention back to the movie.

"Why didn't you bring a coat, stupid?" Dallas lit a cigarette, as a two girls sat in the seats in front of us.

"It is cold out." I agreed with Ponyboy.

Dallas then quickly took his leather jacket off, and placed it over my shoulders.

I could see a small smile grow on Johnny's lips, as Dallas turned and watched the movie.

I grabbed Dallas's ring from inside my shirt, and stuck it in the pocket of his jacket.

"Hey, I didn't see you sitting back there." Marcia smiled, as she turned back and greeted me.

"Hey." I smiled in return.

Her friend gave me a dirty look, as she grabbed Marcia by the shoulder, and turned her back to facing forward.

Cherry Valance was her friend.

Some stuck up soc cheerleader, who thinks that breathing the same air as me is gonna make her sick.

Dallas leaned in close to me, and placed his hand on my upper thigh.

"Let's get out of here, hun." Dallas whispered in my ear.

"And go where?" I simply replied.

"Anywhere, I'm hungry." Dallas gave me, a frown.

"Go get something from the concessions." I told him.

Dallas leaned closer and started kissing my neck softly, just below my jaw.

"How 'bout I take you home, and eat you?" Dallas had a smug look on his face, as he spoke a little too loud again.

Johnny and Ponyboy's heads snapped in our direction.

It was almost as if Dallas wanted them to hear him.

I swatted his hands away, and pushed him off of me.

I guess I pushed him a little too hard, because him and his chair fell over.

Johnny, Ponyboy, and I laughed, as Dallas pushed his chair back up right.

Dallas plopped down in the chair loudly, and over dramatically.

"That wasn't very nice, sweetheart." Dallas said, leaning over and sticking his face in front of mine.

Dallas was so close to me, I could feel his warm breath against my skin.

"That was the point. Dal, I'm trying to watch the movie." I told him.

"Just leave her alone, Dallas." Johnny spoke up, before Dallas could respond to me.

"Huh?" Dallas, who was clearly annoyed now, turned his head sharply to Johnny.

"You heard me." Johnny responded.

Dallas sat back in his chair, with his arms crossed against his chest.

He sat quietly, only for a moment, before he leaned forward, and started bugging Cherry.

That bothered me.

Because Dallas was only doing it to piss me off.

He knew I didn't like Cherry.

Cherry wasn't giving into Dallas.

A few minutes in, she yelled, "get lost, hood!", at him.

Dallas then stormed off to the concessions.

"I'm sorry, Marsha. Sorry Dallas is acting like this." I leaned forward, and apologized for Dallas's actions.

"Don't be talking to her. She's just as much as a greaser, as Dallas is." Cherry Valance hushed Marcia.

A disappointed look flushed over Marcia, as she looked back at me.

She knew I heard what Cherry said.

She seemed embarrassed that Cherry said something like that.

Though me and the gang always called each other greasers, it always hurt when someone else called you that.

Made you feel like dirt.

I took off Dallas's jacket, and handed it to Johnny.

"I think I'm gonna head out. I'm going to Buck Merrill's place. I think he's having a party, don't wait up for me." I told Johnny, before I stood up, and walked out of the drive in.

I couldn't tell if I was more angry, or just disappointed.

As I took a slow walk towards Buck Merrill's place, I sat down on a curb to smoke a cigarette I found on the ground.

"Hey, I know you slashed my tires!" Someone yelled, as they chased after the other person.

Man, that sounded like Tim Shepard.

With in a second, the two men started fighting.

As I watched, I figured out that it was Tim Shepard.

I got quickly, and threw my cigarette, before I ran over to them.