14

The day of prom, I finally came out of my room. 

I sat on the couch next to Ponyboy, and Johnny and watched TV in silence. 

Dallas sat at the kitchen table quietly, as he flipped out his switch blade knife over, and over again. 

I don't even know why he's here.

Shouldn't he be out doing something with Sylvia?

"I thought I heard through the grape vine you were going to prom tonight?" Darry spoke up from the kitchen, as he did the dishes. 

"Who told you that?" I asked him. 

"Twobit." Darry replied. 

How would Two-bit know that?

"No, I'm not.  I was gonna go, but my date turned out to be a dick head, and ditched me." I mumbled out. 

"I'm sorry, kid." Darry frowned. 

Dallas looked up from the table, and at me for just a moment. 

Johnny seemed to slump down into the couch. 

He was hiding something. 

"What'd you do?" I cooked at eyebrow at him. 

Johnny sunk into the couch even more. 

"You'll find out in about 30 seconds." Johnny whispered. 

Huh

"Hey ohhhhh!" Two-bit busted through the front door. 

He was wearing a tux, and had his hair combed back nice. 

"Why aren't you ready? Come on, you've got an hour to get ready." Two-bit grabbed me by the hands, and pulled me to my feet. 

"What are you talking about? Are you on drugs?" I asked him seriously. 

"No, I'm taking you to prom, pretty lady.  Now go put on your dress and make up, and whatever else." Two-bit started pulling me through the living room. 

"Nice try, but I don't even have a dress." I lied, I knew I had a dress laying around somewhere. 

"You have a green one in your closet.  I checked this morning." Two-bit gave me a toothy grin. 

I looked over at Johnny, who had a small smile across his lips. 

Awww, it warmed my heart to see Two-bit do this. 

"Oh, alright." I smiled. 

I ran into Johnny and I's room, and got ready as fast as I could. 

I did my makeup and put my hair up into a greased back, high ponytail. 

I had a sage green ball gown dress. 

Once I was ready, I walked back into the living room. 

The whole gang was there now, waiting for me.  

"You look wonderful! Let me go get my camera!" Darry smiled, as he walked briskly to his room.  

Dallas stood up, and he looked me up and down. 

His eyes seemed to glisten, and his mouth seemed to fall open. 

"Well, my mothers on her way.  She wants pictures too.  Let's go outside." Two-bit put his arm around mine. 

"Yes, I'm getting all your guys pictures in the back yard." Darry smiled. 

Two-bit and Johnny really set this up well.