The Cursed House | Lilies

----

      Hiyori entered Itokan with a bouquet of chrysanthemums in her hands. The bell chimed as she opened the door, gaining attention from the people inside.

Naomi, who was talking to Yamato, turned to her best friend and noticed the flowers she was holding.

"Why do you have those?" she asked, knowing full well that those flowers were usually in a funeral.

Hiyori walked towards her with a smile. She sat down beside Yamato who was sitting on the bar stool while Naomi's across the counter.

"Cobra and I will go to Nagato's house later," she replied, placing the flowers on the counter.

"Nagato? The abandoned house in Sannoh?" Yamato questioned.

They knew that house was burned down by the woods ever since they were teens. It was caught on fire years ago and rumors said that it was a cursed house with a lady in a bloody white dress roaming around the house.

"Yeah," Hiyori nodded, "I always drop flowers there every October 31st."

"Why?" Yamato whispered with fear and confusion in his eyes.

Hiyori and Naomi quickly noticed it and they smirked. The latter chuckled and asked, "Don't tell me you still believe the rumors about the ghost in there?"

Yamato turned to her and opened his mouth, stuttering, "I-I'm not!"

"Really?" Hiyori raised a brow. 

"Yeah!" He stood up and huffed, earning amusing gazes from the women.

"Yamato-san's right, though. Kabuto told us he saw the ghost girl last year," Tetsu butted in as they turned to him. He gulped nervously as he recalled the story, "He said she was humming creepily and dressed in white."

Hiyori chuckled but Yamato and Tetsu didn't. They were serious about it.

"It's probably just a passerby," she said, shrugging, "There are many joggers who passed by there."

"I heard someone there, too. When I passed by a month ago," Chiharu suddenly said, causing them to look at him, "It was a woman. She was also humming."

"Did you see her?" 

"No," he shook his head, "But I'm sure it was her."

Naomi scoffed and rolled her eyes, "You guys are just scaring yourselves. No one's in there. Hiyori's been going there ever since the Nagato's moved out."

Hiyori nodded, "Yeah."

"Then, why do you guys always drop flowers there? Someone died there, right?"