17

"General, give us a one-mile perimeter." Reed said as he approached the general with the four beside him.

"Forget it, Richards." General Hager said, looking at the Fantastic Five. "You had your shot and you blew it. This is a military operation now." He said, turning his head to look at Reed only. "Jam the signal, get out of the way, and let us do our job."

"You don't understand." Reed tried to say but was cut off by the general.

"No, you don't understand. So let me make it clear for you and your pack of freaks." General Hager said, eyes focused on Jackie before looking to Reed when he saw Susan and Johnny glaring at him. "I'm the quarterback. You're on my team. Got it? But I guess you never played football in high school, did you, Richards?" He said, turning around to walk off but was stopped by Reed's voice.

"No, you're right, I didn't." Reed said, watching as the general turned his head to look at him. "I stayed in and studied, like a good little nerd. And fifteen years later... I'm one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. I'm engaged to the hottest girl on the planet." He said, the last sentence making Sue smile. "And the jock who played quarterback in highschool... is right in front of me, asking me for my help... And I say he's not gonna get a damn thing... unless he does exactly what I tell him to... and starts treating my friends and me with some respect."

It was filled with a tense silence as the general looked at Reed with a stunned expression before he turned to his side. "Give him what he wants." He said, walking away from the Fantastic Five.

"I am so hot for you right now." Sue said, looking up at Reed.

"Me too." Johnny joked, wrapping his arms around Reed and switching their powers temporarily making Reed chuckles.

"Careful Johnny."

• • •

"This is it. You have your coordinates." Reed said, looking at the four behind him. "Set up your posts and rendezvous back here." He said, walking off with Sue trailing behind him while Jackie moved to the coordinates given to him.

Jackie kneeled down and placed the tachyon pulse down on the ground, hearing his friends finishing theirs. "Almost there." He said when he heard Sue asked him about it. He looked up when he heard a cracking noise in front of him, his eyes widening when he saw the Silver Surfer approaching him. "Guys? We have a problem."

"What's wrong?" Johnny asked, voice filled with concerned.

"He's here." Jackie said, standing up to his two feet.

"Get out of there, right now!" Johnny exclaimed, quickly rushing towards where his twin brother is.

Jackie and the Silver Surfer stared at each other in silence before the brunette decide to ask the Silver Surfer some questions. "Why are you destroying our planet?" He asked, the Silver Surfer cocking his head as if he's offended.

"I have no choice." The Silver Surfer said.

"Jackie!" Reed exclaimed, stopping when Jackie held up his hand.

"Wait!" Jackie exclaimed, stopping his siblings on their foot. He turned back to the Silver Surfer, who's head is turned towards him. "What do you mean, you don't have a choice? There's always a choice."

"Not always."

"Why are you trying to destroy us?"

"I am not the Destroyer." The Silver Surfer answered, looking down at Jackie.