Epilogue

The search for the diamond was called off. There was no evidence that the diamond had gone down with the ship. So what was the point to keep searching? With all the evidence Aziraphale had given him, it sounded like Gabriel still had it. So who knows where it was?

"You know I was saving this for when I found the diamond," Brock said showing Muriel his cigar.

Seeing as how he didn't need it anymore, he threw it into the ocean.

"I'm sorry," Muriel said

"Three years I've thought of nothing except Titanic but I never got it," Brock said, "I never let it in."

Muriel could only feel bad for him. This seemed to be his passion but now he had to call the whole thing off. At the stern of the ship, Aziraphale walked up to the railing in his nightwear. No one knew he was out there. He carefully climbed onto the first bar of the railing and looked over into the sea. He opened his hand to reveal the diamond in perfect condition. Aziraphale had found this in the pocket of Gabriel's coat. But only he knew about it. He never told Crowley he had it. There were times in his life when he considered selling it but he didn't.

While it would've helped when Aziraphale and Crowley had money problems, it only reminded Aziraphale of how much he grew to rely on Gabriel when he was supposed to become an Archangel. So he kept it, continuing to remind himself that he didn't need Gabriel's high position to get by. All he needed was Crowley, no matter how rich or poor they were. But now that he no longer needed it, he threw it into the ocean, where it belonged. And he was satisfied with his choice. He went back to his room where he went to sleep forever.

On his bedside table were all his photos of him and Crowley throughout the years. They did everything Crowley said they would do. They drank cheap beer, rode on the rollercoasters at Coney Island, and rode horses the proper way. But it didn't end there. They would marry and adopt children, just as Crowley had told Aziraphale that night. They had both lived long and happy lives. Crowley only left Aziraphale early due to old age. But Aziraphale kept going for him, wanting to tell their story before he joined him.

And he had done that. Now it was off to meet him again. The decaying Titanic became new again as Aziraphale made his way to the Grand Staircase. The doors opened for him where he saw everyone that was on the Titanic waiting for her. The band, the maids, Hastur, Ligur, Mr. Modoch, Mr. Andrews, the Captain, and many more. But Crowley was at the clock, waiting for him, looking young again. He turned to him and gave him his hand. He took it and the two kissed, finally reunited again. Nothing would keep them apart ever again.

~Fin~