Chapter Nine: The Drawing

Later that afternoon, Crowley was looking over the bow of the ship when Aziraphale walked up to him. He got his attention, saying that he had changed his mind about becoming an Archangel. Crowley smiled. Aziraphale walked up to him and was about to explain how he found him when Crowley shushed him. Crowley asked for his hand which he gave and he brought him up to the bow. He asked him to close his eyes and step onto the rail.

Aziraphale did that, fully trusting him. He helped him up onto the railing and stood close behind her. Crowley held his hands as he let go of the railing with his arms out to the side. Crowley held onto his waist and told him to open his eyes. He did and was shocked at what was happening. It felt like he was flying. All he could see ahead of him was the ocean.

He smiled as Crowley took his hands and started to sing a verse from 'Come Josephine, In My Flying Machine' in his ear. Aziraphale turned his head to him and they shared their very first kiss since meeting each other. And neither of them regretted it. Coming back to the present time, Aziraphale was looking at the sunken bow where he and Crowley shared that moment.

Aziraphale turned to the crew and his granddaughter, "That was the last time Titanic ever saw daylight."

Brock nodded, "So we're up to dusk the night of the sinking. Six hours to go."

"Incredible," Lewis said not believing a detail he had heard in Aziraphale's story, "There's Smith and he's standing there and he's got the iceberg warning in his fucking hand. Excuse me, his hand, and he's ordering more speed."

"Tweny-six years of experience working against him. He figures anything big enough to sink the ship they're going to see in time to turn but the ship's too big with too small a rudder. Doesn't corner worth a damn. Everything he knows is wrong."

Aziraphale looked back at the cameras to see his old room. From there, he continued his story. Back in the past, Aziraphale brought Crowley to his room. Crowley had brought his art stuff as Aziraphale asked if he could draw him. He didn't make any specific requests yet. He asked if the lighting was alright to which Crowley put on a French accent, saying that the lighting was good but he wasn't used to working in such horrible conditions.

All a joke, of course. Crowley spotted one of the paintings Aziraphale owned and instantly recognised the artist. He admired how amazing the work was made. He never had paints to work with but he would love to get his hands on some so he could do stuff like this. Once he was done admiring the painting, Aziraphale went to Gabriel's safe to get something inside. Crowley asked if they were to expect him anytime soon.

Aziraphale just told him not as long as the politics and brandy hold out. Aziraphale had gotten into the safe and taken out the diamond pendant Gabriel had given him a couple of nights ago. He showed it to Crowley who was shocked at the massive jewel. Crowley asked if it was a Saffire but Aziraphale corrected him, saying how it was a very rare diamond. Now came the request of how he wanted to be drawn. He asked Crowley to paint him like some of the men in his book holding that diamond.

And only that diamond. Crowley was almost taken aback by his request but didn't refuse. He let him get undressed while he set up his art equipment and where he wanted to draw him. As Crowley was sharpening his pencil, Aziraphale came out in his dressing gown, ready to be drawn. Before he did anything, he asked Crowley not to make him look like a porcelain doll like all the other pictures of him. And, as a paying customer, he hoped to get what he wanted.

He took off the dressing gown, making Crowley stare. He had grown used to drawing naked men through his practice, but drawing a naked picture of the angel he loved was new for him. But he stayed calm and asked him to lie on the sofa he had put in front of him. Aziraphale did that and Crowley got him into the position he wanted to draw him in. Once it was all perfect, Crowley began to draw. To keep his concentration, he only looked up so he could get the drawing perfect while keeping a serious face.

Aziraphale noticed how serious he was and teased him about it. Crowley just smiled at his comment and kept going. He managed to get most of his top half done but, as he was shading around his chest, he began to blush a little. Aziraphale noticed that too and teased him again, saying that he couldn't imagine Monsieur Monet, the artist Crowley was admiring before, blushing while doing his paintings.

Crowley shot back that Monet painted landscapes so it was less than likely that he would blush while doing that. He asked him to relax his face so he could work more on that for a bit. Crowley continued to work on the drawing, using every bit of skill he had learned over the years to make this drawing perfect. Maybe even the best he had ever made. As Aziraphale lay on the sofa, we transition back to the present day where Aziraphale was describing this moment to everyone in the room

"My heart was pounding the whole time. It was the most erotic moment of my life," Aziraphale said, "Up until then, at least."

"So what happened next?" Lewis asked him

"You mean, did we do it?" everyone laughed at how Aziraphale said that, "Sorry, to disappoint you, Mr. Bodine. Crowley was very professional."

Back in the past, Crowley put the date and his initials on the drawing as Aziraphale watched from over his shoulder. He put it in a leather binder and gave it to Aziraphale who gave him a kiss in return.