Chapter 13 - Catching Flames

Day 2

Ohm's POV

"Come on everyone, let's gather around." Coach Mile shouted. We gathered on the field, wearing our track suits. "Today we are going to do the physical activity. First stop, give me 100 jumping jack." Only 100? Easy. We did the 100 jumps. "Next, let's do..." he gave us the next rep. After five reps, I looked around, and almost everyone is sweating and out of breath. Nanon looked like he's going to kill the coach, Mix looked like he's going to poison the coach's drink, and p'Janhae doesn't look like a pageant queen anymore. And the others doesn't look good either. I still feel perfectly fine. This is easy. I can even do ten more. "It's lunch time. You guys can take a break, and we'll continue later." Coach Apo told us. I offered my hand to Nanon, helping him getting up, but he only glared at it, then he glared at me. He's still out of breath, though. "Come on." I offered my back to him, and he smiled. He got onto my back, and I piggy backed him all the way from the field to the dining area. "Seriously you guys. This is a camp, not your honeymoon." Drake mocked us. "No reason it couldn't be both." I laughed.

We went back to the field, and continued the training. It was 3 o'clock when the coaches led us to the other field. It's time for our first red vs blue competition. What kind of competition it's going to be. "Guys, let's do our first competition. Today's theme is physical activity." Yes! "Your competition for today is.... THE OBSTACLE RUN." they announced the competition, revealing the obstacle in the middle of the field. "And we're going to compete one on one. Now, since there are 10 people from the blue team, we're going to eliminate two persons. To make it fair, red team has a chance to eliminate one person from the blue team, highering their chance to win, and blue team is going to eliminate one of their own." We started discussing which one to eliminate. "Ohm, who do you think we should eliminate?" P'Namtan asked me. "Hmm.. the choices are between p'Bright, p'Earth, or Drake. I mean, the others looked safe enough. But, between those three, I say we eliminate p'Earth." I gave my two cents. "Don't forget Satang, he's strong too." Jane gave us her input. "Yes, but he's strong magically. Physically, I don't think so." I contradicted her opinion. "Hmm, Ohm's right. I personally think p'Earth is their strongest, so let's eliminate him." We all agreed.

"We're going to eliminate p'Earth." We told the coaches. "Nice choice." Coach Apo gave us the thumbs up. P'Earth stepped aside, still all smile though. "Okay, we're going to eliminate Love." P'Bright told the coaches, and coach Mile gave them the thumbs up. No surprise, though. Judging from her condition, Love is their weakest link. Love stepped aside along with p'Earth. We lined up to take a number, to determine our opponents. And the results are

01. Drake vs Ohm

02. Bright vs Jimmy

03. Prim vs Milk

04. Nanon vs Mix

05. Sea vs Namtan

06. Tay vs Gemini

07. Win vs Janhae

08. Satang vs Jane

"Okay guys, the first one to reach 5 points win the game." Coach Mile told us. Easy peasy. Me being the first person to compete is the advantage for us. I took my position. "Ready... Set... GO..!!" We started the competition.

We started running and the first obstacle is we have to run on the jelly track. Not so stable, but still doable. I run, and I saw Drake tripped. I'm so going to win this one. I run passed the jelly, and arrived at the second obstacle. 50 stairs. We literally have to climb 50 stairs. I started running, and Drake was steps behind me. I reached the center of the stairs, when suddenly it did something unthinkable. The stairs suddenly moved like an escalator going down. I almost tripped, but jumped last second, holding on to the railing. I saw Drake tripped and fell down the stairs. Ouch, that must be very hurt. The stairs stopped moving, and I continued running. I arrived at the third obstacle, mathematic blocks. So, basically, you have to finish the simple math before jumping on the tiles, and if you chose the wrong tiles, they're going to drop you, and you have to start over. Okay, still easy, maybe a little bit hard. First tile 3 - 1. I stepped on the 2 tile. Second tile 10+3. I stepped on the 13 tile. Tile #3 5×3÷2. I started counting and stepped on the right tile. #4 is getting harder, (10+2)÷2×5. I thought for a second, and stepped on the right tile. #5 700÷10×2÷5. The question is getting longer. Shit. I counted again, and miraculously stepped on the right tile. Oh thank God. Come on, only one more and it's going to be over. Tile #6, the final boss 1+1×1-1+1÷1+1+1-1. Holy fucking shit. That was confusing as hell. I started counting. I looked at the two options on the tiles. I stepped on the right one. Yes, I did it. I passed the math blocks. I ran again, to the final obstacle. This last one, we have to press the bell to stop the timer, but the bell is located inside the puzzle, and we have to solve it. I tried solving it, and failed at the first try. I tried again, combining the numbers, and it still won't open. I think again. Oh, I know. I tried inserting the numbers again, and it opened. I pressed the button and won this round, obtaining one point for the red team.