Chapter 1

In a spacious and well-lit boardroom. Everyone was busy in a crucial meeting. The atmosphere was serious, with everyone attentively focusing to the video projected on a large screen.

As the video came to an end, the room got filled with a clap of appreciation, everyone started appreciating the presenter, "Wow Umair, it was awesome!".

Nodding their head, "Yes, Umair, it was superb!" the board of director commented. Smiling at them politely, "Thanks sir for your appreciation, it took me three months to come up with this idea, I am happy the res-" he was cut off by a strong voice.

"Zero emotions!" Everyone turned their attention toward the owner of the voice "Sorry, Arsalan sir!" Umair said.

"The ad campaign is worth of 1 crore. But the emotion is zero". Arsalan stated, leaning to his chair, " It has no impact. So what if this old lady is celebrating her birthday alone? Old age is not a compulsion. Nowadays, oldies people climb Everest. These old age emotions... We have seen enough". Standing up from his place arsalan walked toward the small corner of the conference room which was decorated with awards, "Research says emotions like sadness and sympathy work" Turning back toward them, staring at Umair in his eyes, "so give her a wheelchair and as a gift give her a dog".  Standing in the middle of the conference room, "We are spending 1 crore, guys. Emotions should be visible. The recall value of emotional ad is high. It's as simple as that". Arsalan stated and was about to leave the room but Umair stopped him.

Umair: "Sorry, sir. You know, honestly... Wheelchair, dog... These are looking manipulation more than emotions" Umair said making everyone palm their face.

"Yeh khud toh mare ga sath mein humein bhi marvaega" One of the employee commented to which all other nodded, "Idiot, kadha, bewkhof" they all cursed him under their breath.

The room was filled with silence, a pin-drop dead silence, before Arsalan broke that, taking two blank sheets, he looked at umair, "Suppose you need a blank sheets and you have these two options" showing him two blank sheets, "Which one will you choose?"  gulping nervously, "Both are the same. The one which is cheaper".  Smirking at him, "Even the price is same. The difference is, this one sponsor the education of the orphan kids and this is a regular one. Which one will you choose now?".

Umair: "It's obvious the one which sponsors the education of the orphan kids".

"Packaging department, right?" Arsalan asked looking at one of the employee. The employee who was momentarily lost in thoughts, snaps back to attention, feeling a bit startled, "Yes Anmol. Of course Anmol".

"Why did our writer choose this paper" he asked, " Because emotions are attached to this paper" she replied nervously.

"And that's our business. Emotions! We sell emotions." Walking toward the table on which box wrapped beautifully are kept, "The wrapped expensive gifts which our kept on table... It's our guilty feeling that we can't give our love ones time." looking at everyone, "Even everyone should feel the same after seeing our ad. Whenever someone misses any important occasion they should remember our ad. And if it increases demands of our goods and services we will manipulate. We use our brain to run this company."

Looking at umair, "Change it" and walked out of the meeting room.

The minute Arsalan leaves the meeting room umair throw file on the floor, other try to stop him, "Umair kya kar raha ho?". 

Looking at them, "Toh aur kya karun? Dheka nahi puri ki puri script reject kar de meri" shaking head, "Control yourself, agar sir ne sun liya toh" umair scoffed but stay quiet nonetheless.

Arsalan collapsed on the couch tiredly, rubbing his face in exhaustion, just then intercom rang, picking up the phone, "What happened Ayesha!".