To Quell The Carnage Pt 2

A woman with raven black hair and emerald green eyes entered an apartment, a slight panic in her movements. She appeared to be searching for something. A whimper caught her attention, A sigh of both relief and exhaustion escaping her.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" The woman asked, entering the current five year old's bedroom.

A five year old Bouran laid in the bed, her face red, and a cool cloth on her head.

"Mmm.... I still feel sicky...." The girl mumbled.

"I know sweetie, I know...." The woman soothed, moving to be on her knees before the young girl. "Hey, it looks like your fever has gone down.... It shouldn't be long now before you feel better."

Bouran whined, the woman rising to sit on her bed, pulling the girl into her arms. Bouran instantly sank into her mother's warmth, falling asleep in a few moments.

"How is she?"

The woman whirled around, eyes flashing a blood red, her fist becoming covered in a thick red substance. The man caught her fist, getting pushed back slightly.

"Hey, Olivia! It's just me!" The man said, short red hair and brown eyes in his features, a nice square jaw line.

The woman visibly calmed, before she glared saying "Rai, where the fuck have you been?!"

The man winced, saying "You have every right to want to kill me, but don't. I got some medicine for our little firecracker, so can you please not banish me to the couch? Please, Liv?"

The woman faltered. She supposes she is being rather bitchy....

"Fine...." She said.

The man let out a relieved breath, Bouran stirring. He crouched down, patting her head.

"Papa...." She mumbled, reaching for him.

He gladly scooped her into his arms, saying "I got you some medicine, firecracker.... It won't taste very great, but you need to take it."

The girl pouted, resigning herself to her fate. The woman poured the medicine into a small container, handing it to Rai.

"Drink." He half commanded, half pleaded.

Bouran whined, drinking it. Afterwards, she stuck out her tongue in disgust.

She glared at her father, saying "It's so bitter!"

Rai merely shrugged, saying "I know, but it's either you take that or stay sick longer...."

"Why don't you drink it?" Bouran questioned.

"Because if he does and tries to kiss me, I'll have to remove his family jewels." Olivia quickly responded.

Bouran, in all her five year old innocence, asked "What does that mean?"

Rai fumbled with his words, before saying "It um.... It means I won't have any more children! Yeah, that!"

The girl huffed, crossing her arms, before saying "Good! You only need me! The jewels can go!"

Olivia laughed, the look of betrayal on her husband's face being something she would treasure for a long time. She couldn't wait for when Bouran got older and understood what she meant.

"Traitor!" The man retorted.

She kissed him, Bouran making a sound of disgust at the two's affectionate gestures.

"Oh hush! One day, you're going to find the love of your life, and you won't want to let him out of your sight!" Olivia said to the child.

*Three years later....*