Sports Festival: Claws Out

Rumi Usagiyama never really planned on being the closest thing to a mother.... So you can imagine her surprise when she got a call about a villain attack.... And finding out her sister was involved.

There was no time to grieve however.... Because her sister had a kid.

Which brings her to now, an eight year old Yukiko Yaseiji holding her hand, her little tail wrapped around her legs. She could do this. Totally. She's the number seven hero, she can totally handle raising a kid, right?

She noticed the girl with one hand over her ears, saying "Hey, kid.... You alright?"

The fur on her stood on end, Yukiko mumbling a "T- too loud...."

'Her hearing must be rather sensitive.... I had a similar problem when I was younger.' Rumi thought. "Here," She said, crouching down to her height.

With a gentle touch, she massaged the two furry ears, Yukiko's fur immediately dropping back down. A soft purr resonated from her, the pain in her ears nonexistent.

"Better?"

Yukiko nodded, her eyes closed in comfort as she gave Rumi a blinding smile. Fuck. She hasn't even had the kid for a day and the innocent little kitten already has her in love.

.

Yukiko's ears twitched in anticipation, the girl summoning her claws. She stared at them, letting out a sigh. She has to win this....

"Stop stressing out about it."

She whipped around, seeing Mirko staring at her.

"A- auntie Rumi?!"

"You've been training for this.... Plus Ultra, right?"

*Years ago*

Rumi had never felt a "mom sense" before.... So when she does, she's out of her agency faster than anyone had ever seen her do before. The moment she arrived to Yukiko's school, she saw a boy harshly gripping Yukiko's arm.

"Hey brat...."

Yukiko and the boy both looked up, Yukiko's ears going up in delight while the boy stared in horror. Rumi's own ears laid flat on her head in anger, her instincts wanting her to absolutely destroy the boy in front of her.

"Take your hands off my kid, or so help me-"

The boy ran away screaming.

"Auntie Rumi!" Yukiko said happily.

Rumi turned to her, still retaining that same scowl.

"And you. Why didn't you tell me you were being bullied?! The moment we get home, I'm gonna teach you a lesson!"

*Later....*

What.... What is happening?

Rumi led the girl into a training room, cracking her knuckles.

"Alright kitten.... Show me your fighting stance!" Rumi demanded.

Yukiko stared at her in confusion, the thirteen year old giving her an expression of shock.

"I.... I'm not being punished?"

"Nope! You're being taught how to fight!"

Yukiko shrugged, before balling up her fists.

".... What am I looking at?" Rumi questioned.

"My.... Fighting stance?" Yukiko answered hesitantly.

"Okay, first off, if you have any hope of being a hero you won't do.... Whatever that is. Spread your legs out more, get into a comfortable position. Make sure your balance is stable, or else it'll only be trouble. Keep your thumb on the outside of your fist otherwise you'll hurt yourself, and always keep your head up. When you swing, throw your weight into the punch."

As Rumi coached her, the girl couldn't help but smile.

*Present time*

Yukiko stepped out into the arena, fur raised, her pupils becoming slits. She focused on her opponent, waiting for Midnight to give the signal.

Back in the stands, Daichi and Haso were recording the fight. Or well, Daichi was. Haso was in the middle of learning more about himself. The boy desperately scrolled through Google, before his phone rang.

"Hello?... NOW?! I- ugh.... I can't.... Are you serious? No, that's not necessary... Gimme a minute."

He hung up, turning to Daichi.

"Daichi, I've gotta get going. Let Aizawa-sensei know for me."

Daichi nodded, the Override quirk user beginning to walk away, feeling a small sense of dread.

Meanwhile, Yukiko was battling one of the 2B students. He had a pink skin tone, pink hair that was pushed to one half of his head, two horns poking from the top; nearly all black eyes with yellow irises, and he stood a little taller than Daichi. This, is Dokusei Ashido. Older brother of Mina Ashido, and with a similar quirk. He smirked, dodging a swipe of Yukiko's claws.

"You're still too slow, kitty!" Dokusei taunted.

He threw a dark pink substance at her eyes, Yukiko hissing at her loss of sight. Her ears picked up a sizzling sound, her body moving on its own to dodge the sludge.

(Name: Dokusei Ashido

Quirk: Sludge

He can produce a sludge from his body that he can control at will, making it acidic or more versatile depending on what he wants!)

Dokusei and Yukiko were.... Rivals of sorts. The two were old childhood friends, making them have a vicious rivalry.

"Awe, can the kitty not see?" Dokusei taunted.

Yukiko took a deep breath, crouching down to be on all fours. When Dokusei attacked again, she lunged for him, claws barely scratching his cheek. He shot a wave of sludge at her, Yukiko jumping over it to be above him.

"Special Move: SOLAR ARC!"

Swinging her foot down, she kicked him in the head, sending him skidding across the ground. He got up, a dizziness filling him as he stumbled back.

"Dokusei Ashido is out of bounds! Yukiko Yaseiji is the winner!"

Dokusei looked down, smiling at the white line. He walked over to Yukiko, touching her head to remove the sludge from her eyes.

"Ha, guess you beat me this time.... Don't think about going easy on these idiots, okay?"

Yukiko nodded, saying "Hey, at least things can only go up from here!"

"I pray for whoever's fighting Hoka though...." Dokusei commented.

"Oh, they're screwed." Yukiko agreed.