23.

POV Author:

A little update.
I'll be taking a break next week.
Please comment more, it may seem silly to you but for me, it gives me more energy and desire to write.
😘

First stood in front of the elevators for a while as the crowd dissolved, the Lunae was over, he ordered some of them to go and help the wounded, and sent the rest back to their rooms

It took a few minutes, but the courtyard was now empty and First could finally allow himself to relax and analyze what had just happened.
Khao had invaded the catacombs, used powers he had never seen a wizard use before, powers he had said he didn't have, and then ignored First as if he wasn't there.
Still trying to decide which of the last events had shocked him the most, First walked on and only realized he was at the door to Khao's room when Jimmy and Sea came out of it.
— Sir - greeted Jimmy.
First had already asked him not to call him that, but Jimmy insisted.
— So?
— They're both fine. I'll make a solution with verbain for the silver poison and none of the khao's cuts were serious. - Jimmy explained, aware of where the older man's concern lay. - Khao says he'll do a healing spell. Then there won't be any after-effects.
First was relieved and annoyed at the same time.
— What happened down there? - Sea asked curiously, only to receive a disapproving look from his boyfriend.
First didn't answer, to Sea's surprise he just bowed his head with a guilty look on his face. That was enough for Sea to understand that he shouldn't ask any more questions.
— Whatever happened, I don't think he wants to see you now.
— Sea .
Jimmy grabbed his boyfriend's arm and left, taking him away.
First knew that Sea was right. He should give Khao time to calm down, but his nature overcame any rational thought he had.
He opened the door with force and stepped inside.
Khao knew that the vampire was outside, so when he heard the door open again, he wasn't startled. In fact, he didn't even move, he was still sitting with his arms resting on his knees, staring at the walls beyond the bed.
First needed to relieve his frustration. He wanted to scream. And force Khao to give him answers, but he couldn't, not when he heard the sorcerer's heavy, tired voice.
— Did someone die?
— No. - replied First, stopping beside the armchair
— I'm sorry.
— Are you apologizing for hurting them ? - First asked angrily. - You should have thought of that before you did it.
— No.
First frowned in surprise.
— When you asked me about my powers, I said they had been sealed.
— You're apologizing for lying then.
— I didn't lie. My mother sealed my powers when I was a child. I broke the seal when she died.
First was taken back by the personal revelation but didn't say anything, just continued to stare at the boy's neck.
— I could never control it. Whenever I used them, I lost control. No matter what I did, I always ended up hurting someone, after a while I found that the pain was the only think helped. If I concentrated on it, I could suppress my energy and make the shadows disappear.
— Khao - sighed First, bringing his hand to his shoulder.
— Don't touch me. - demanded the smaller man, standing up with his back to First. - I still don't know what you want from me, or what game we're playing, Kanaphan, but you shouldn't have involved my friends. - Khao stared at Brigth, still unconscious, lying on the bed.
- Tomorrow I'll answer any and all of your questions. - he said as he finally turned to face the vampire - Now get out.
First wasn't the type to take orders from anyone. But when he saw the look Khao was giving him, he knew that the sorcerer wasn't telling him to leave, he was begging him.
First left the room, ordered his men to stand guard at the door and report on the situation every hour and went to his office, thinking : Why did that boy affect him so much, his smile, his look, his smell, his body, everything was perfect if it wasn't for his annoying personality and that stubborn attitude that drove him crazy ?

Please don't forget to vote and coment. ❤️