New life vol. 15

*Rose's POV*
I wake up early because I forgot to close the curtains last night so now the sun is flooding the room. Memories of last night are getting back to me and I realise that I'm lying in my mother's hug, my head on her chest. I try to stay still,not wanting to wake her up. I'm still having a hard time believing what the fuck happened in those past 24h. I haven't slept that well in months though. I shift a little to get comfortable but it is enough to wake my mother up. Being an assassin probs does that to you.
"Rosie detka (Russian for honey/baby) are you okay?"she asks sitting up a bit worried from waking up so abruptly.
"I'm fine. What about you though? You seem tense" I ask shooting her a curious look
"Yeah I'm on edge because we should get out of here as soon as possible. The agents know my location and we are in great dangerous each minute that passes by. Pack your bags and be ready in half an hour so we can leave. Can you do that for me sweetie?"she asks stroking my hair.
"Yes of course" I reply getting off the bed
"We are going to be ok don't worry. It will all be over soon and we'll go back to reality"mom adds sensing the fact that I'm a bit startled by the whole thing. Too many people after me the past days.
"I know"I reply and start packing my bag quickly shoving everything I managed to unpack last night before the whole situation.

*Nat's POV*
"I know"she says but I can hear the fear in her voice. Poor girl has been through so much the past hours. This stress must be a lot for her. I'm used to being chased by people who try to kill me. I've been running away all my life but she hasn't. I've always made sure to protect and shelter her from this life. Another thing I miserably failed at. I leave her room and go downstairs to tell the others that we have to go but it appears they are both a step ahead, their bags packed by the door.
"At last sleepy girl" I hear my sister calling to me, handing me a cup of coffee "Did you sleep okay?"
she asks and we both take a seat on the kitchen table.
"I slept great" I reply "but we have to get out of here" I add
"I know we are both ready. We'll drop Melina off to Moscow and continue to London, we ve found you a safe house a couple of kilometres away from the city centre. You have to remain there, with Rose for the time being. At least till we formulate a plan."
"Wait so I am not telling the others I'm alive?" I ask knowing full well the answer to my question.
"It's too dangerous right now, you'd put both them and Rose at risk. It's best you stay pff the radar for a while."she explained and I nod in agreement. I know she is right but it still kind of pains me having my friends thinking I'm dead. And Steve...
"Wait what about Rose? How are you going to explain her sudden disappearance to them?" I ask Yelena who makes a small pause before replying
"When you «died» someone had to become Rose's legal guardian or they'd take her into foster care... Wanda wanted to adopt her but Rose decided that she was better off with me..." she explained. I feel so bad for Wands I knew how much she wanted a kid and she loved Rose so much. She must be so hurt by her decision but on the other hand I can see why my daughter would pick Yelena. She is the closest thing there is to me so it made sense.
"Before we left I told everyone at the compound that we would move out into our own place because we needed a change of scenery so they won't come looking for her. Of course I'll have to take her to visit them sometimes but they can't know about you. At least not for now. It would compromise them and your girl because these people were trying to get to her so there is no way in hell they stop just because this plan didn't work. It's best they don't know where she is" Yelena adds and I agree, taking a sip of coffee.
"Natasha don't slouch" I hear Melina's voice and can't help but chuckle at the deja vu. Both Yelena and her join.
"How are you feeling?" I ask her
"Oh well you know I would be much better had you waiting a couple more seconds for the antidote to work but it wouldn't be you if you weren't so quick and stubborn"she jokes and I smile "seriously though I'm fine"she adds making sure I don't feel guilty
"Where is Alexei?" I ask finally realising that the house is in fact a bit too quiet without his stupid yet good-hearted comments.
"He is recovering in the hospital but don't worry he is alright and as soon as he is discharged he'll join me in Moscow" she answers my question and I can't help but feel a little bad for his situation.
"Natasha I know that you still don't consider us family but it would mean a lot to us if you could stop by sometimes you know. And bring mini Natasha with you I really want to meet her" Melina said, a hint of pain in her voice. She was right I should visit them a bit more to be honest.
"Little Natasha?" I laughed at the description of my daughter
"Yes I mean come on that girl is literally you from her attitude to her looks it's astounding really."
she continued
"She is perfect" I smile "a literal miracle"
"Well not exactly a miracle..." Melina says
"Wait what do you mean?" I ask utterly confused
"The doctor that performed your hysterectomy didn't screw up. I controlled his mind using the technology I developed on my pigs so that he would do enough damage to awfully delay and reduce your period, so the Room would not get suspicious,but make it so it would allow you to get pregnant once or twice... I did the same for you"she said turning to face my sister who looks dumbfounded. I'm socked myself. I can't believe she would actually risk so much for us. She really did care. I spent all those years doubting that. I even called her a coward. Damn.
"I had no idea" I mumble raising my eyes to look at her "I...I can't thank you enough Melina seriously" I manage to say and she smiles
"You don't have to"she says and I see Yelena rushing to hug her
"Oh Спасибо мама (thank you mom)" she says and Melina smiles kissing her head and motioning me to join the hug which I do.
"Спасибо мама" I say too, calling her mom for the first time in my life. We stay like this for a while but get interrupted by the sound of Rosie coming down the stairs.
"Let's go" I say and we all get ready to leave the house.