THIRTY-FOUR. you and i

Start from the beginning

But that was never the case. It would never be the case.

Tory could see that Rory had grown weak just by speaking to her, but she let her action speak louder and she attacked.

"Rory?" Belle called.

All Rory did was nodded and Robby began to press his hand against her shoulder, but she quickly jumped at his touch, almost forgetting that he'd been there.

Jack wasn't here and neither were Johnny and Mr. LaRusso. There was no "adult" to stop whatever Tory wanted to do and that's what scared Rory the most.

"Can you get her some water?" Robby asked.

Belle nodded, hesitant to leave Rory's side, but some left to get the girl a bottle of water.

Robby swiveled around to stand in front of Rory who looked up at him.

Her eyes filled with fear. She tried her best to seem calm, but her body language was an easy giveaway.

Robby slowly took her hands and gave them a small squeeze. "I'm right here, okay?" He said, taking a hand and brushing her hair from her face. "She can't hurt you."

"Says who?"

"Says me... and Hawk, Miguel, and everyone else here." Robby said, speaking softly. "We're not going to let her get to you, okay?"

Rory only nodded, but that wasn't enough. She still wasn't positive about anything. If Tory really wanted to, she would, and that's what scared Rory.

Yes, she could hold her own. That's what Jack and Layla taught her, but that didn't mean that fear was out of the equation. She had every right to feel scared and afraid of what could happen to her. And Robby could see it.

"Hey, look at me." Robby said, cupping her cheeks. "Breath."

Rory took a shuddering breath, letting Robby's touch ground her. She hated feeling this way, so unsure and vulnerable. It was a sharp contrast to the fierce independence she had always prided herself on.

But as she looked into Robby's eyes, she felt her fear start to ebb away. There was something about his steady presence that calmed her in a way no one else could.

"You're safe with me," he whispered. "I won't let anything happen to you."

Rory wanted to believe him, but a part of her still clung to her doubts. How could she ever be truly safe with her around.

"Nothing's going to happen to you." He reassured. "Listen to me," he said firmly. "I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. And I mean everything. You are the most important person to me, and I won't let anything happen to you. Not now, not ever."

Rory felt a surge of emotion as Robby spoke, and she leaned in to press a gentle kiss to his lips. It was a small gesture, but it held all the words that they didn't need to say.

"I believe you." She whispered against his mouth, feeling the warmth of his embrace surround her.

She felt Robby smile against her lips, but the moment between them didn't last long when loud commotion began to grow from outside.

The two of them back away from each other slowly and held each other's hands as they made their way outside.

There they found Sam and Tory fight, nothing crazy, but a fight nonetheless.

Rory looked up at Robby and gave him a reassuring nod and he split off to help Miguel break the fight.

"She's been working with Kreese this whole time!" Sam shouted.