FOUR. back to the start

JACK SLAPPED down a yellow flyer on Rory's desk and she turned to face him with a puzzling look

"Did you know that there's a dojo in town?" Jack asked with a smile.

"Um, yeah." She nodded, "A guy at my school goes to it."

She grabbed the flyer and saw the words Corba Kai sprawled across the paper.

"Have you considered joining?"

Rory balled up the flyer and threw it in the trash. She wasn't planning on joining another dojo unless she was moving back to Seaford and joining the Wasabi Warriors.

"I don't think I'm joining a dojo unless you or Rudy are my Sensei's."

Jack sighed and sat down on Rory's bed. Rory turned in her chair to face him.

"I can't always be there for you, Aurora." Jack said, "This dojo could be good for you. You might have to start over as a white belt, but you'll work you way up as a black belt with ease."

"I don't know." She sighed. She looked over at her wall full of belts that she had aligned her walls. She worked hard for those belt and starting over wouldn't be very ideal for her.

"Can you try it out?" Jack asked, "For me, please."

Rory didn't want to disappoint him. He wouldn't be disappointed if she tried it or not. But ever since the move, Belle had been in and out of the house with Yasmin, Moon, and Sam, while Rory stayed in for the majority of her days.

Jack just wanted her to get out the house. To make friends like Belle had.

So, Rory would go to the Cobra Kai dojo with her duffel bag strapped to her back as she skated her way there.

The place seemed vacant, almost abandoned. But she saw Miguel inside with who she assumed was his Sensei.

She shook her thoughts away and pushed the door open.

"What the hell?" The older man muttered, "No yoga till five. No matter how bad you need it."

"Rory?" Miguel called.