TWO. halloween bashed

"DID WE move because you're being sued?"

Jack furrowed his brows as he sat his coffee cup down on the counter.

"Is that how your first day of school went?"

Rory threw her backpack down onto the island and Belly quickly followed behind. scoffing at the question.

"Some kid at school scared her into thinking we're being sued."

"I'm not scared." Rory sighed, "I'm just curious on if it's true."

"No, it's not true." Jack said, "We moved because your mom and I wanted to."

"I told you." Belly smiled and left Rory and her dad alone in the kitchen.

"I take it that Belle had a better day than you." Jack said.

"What gave it away? The fact that she was smiling down at the group chat she was added to or the fact that she was correct about us not being sued?" Rory questioned, "This is why I wanted to stay in Seaford."

Jack furrowed his brows, "Because we're not being sued?" Rory furrowed her brows in disgust before Jack awkwardly picked his cup back up, "I'm kidding."

"Life was easier in Seaford."

"You just started school, Rory. You had one bad day. That doesn't mean that every day is going to be like that."

"You fought a guy during your first day of school and everyone loved you after that. It's not a fair comparison."

"Okay... fair, but I'm still right." Jack spoke, "Tomorrow's a new day."

AND A new day it was. Rory shut her locker and turned and was instantly faced with Eli Moskowitz.

"Holy shit, dude!" She gasped, "What— what are you doing?"

"I'm— I'm sorry." He stuttered, "I just... wanted to let you know that I'm also sorry for what Demetri said yesterday."

"Also?"