SEVENTEEN. kiss me goodbye

RORY WAS set to return to school

RORY WAS set to return to school. She had been cleared by the doctors and was getting ready to set foot out of her house.

But, she knew people would talk. That she lost her fight, that she got her ass kicked, that she now had a huge face scar to prove that she was nothing more than a joke.

Everyone in the Brewer household would catch Rory just staring at herself in the mirror since leaving the hospital. She would tilt her head from side to side, up and down, all around, just to get different angles of her scar.

Jack called it badass, Layla called it a memory. Truly, it was something Rory was shamed of.

She couldn't believe that she had just... passed out from a fight. A fight that shouldn't had happened.

She didn't know that Miguel and Sam were smacking lips in the backyard and even if she had, it was none of her fucking business.

Tory was angry and took her anger out and any and everyone and Rory just so happened to be there at the wrong place and wrong time.

Rory sighed, brushing her fingers against the large scar across her cheek. Tory had gotten her pretty damn good. No makeup could cover it up.

She straighten her hair that day in order to cover some of the scar, but it would still be visible to anyone who looked at her.

There was a gently knock on her door and as she turned, Jack poked his head inside, "Hey." He softly smiled, "Milton's taking you and Belle to school today. Are you sure you're ready to go back?"

Rory sighed, grabbing her backpack from the ground and her phone from the bedside table.

"I'll have to go back eventually."

Rory tried pushing past her father, but he grabbed her upper arm and gently pushed her back into the room.

He cupped her cheeks which caused her hair to fall back and show her scar.

"You're beautiful, Aurora." He softly smiled, "Don't forget that."

She only nodded as Jack placed a kiss against her forehead. Jack watched as Rory pushed past him, making her way downstairs and out the door to Milton's car.