𝟬𝟮𝟱

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟱
𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.. 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥

———

AFTER A LONG and tiring flight from England, Maeve and Leah had finally arrived in Qatar. While Leah was practically sprinting through the airport, her excitement at the thought of being reunited with John almost tangible, Maeve's pace was noticeably more measured. The thought of seeing Phil and having to face whatever lay ahead made her feel sick.

As they exited the airport, the bustling surroundings of Qatar's cityscape greeted them. Leah's eyes darted around, searching for any sign of her boyfriend, John, and her excitement was palpable. Maeve, on the other hand, observed the surroundings with a sense of reservation.

It wasn't until she saw Mason, Phil and John approaching that a mix of relief and anxiety washed over her. John's familiar face and Mason's warm smile gave her a sense of comfort, though the presence of Phil made unwanted butterflies swarm her stomach as she stood still in her place.

As Leah abandoned her suitcase and dashed towards John, there was an infectious excitement in the air. John, with a wide grin, and in one swift move, caught her in his arms, spinning her around. They shared an connection that was unmistakable, and they sealed their reunion with an romantic kiss. The airport bystanders couldn't help but smile at the sight of the couple lost in their moment.

Maeve watched the scene unfold with a smile, genuinely happy for her best friend. The love that radiated between Leah and John was undeniable, and it was heartwarming to witness.

As her attention turned back to the two other guys  approaching her, it was Mason who reached her first with a bear hug that engulfed her. Maeve's eyes sparkled with joy as she hugged her brother, relieved to see a familiar face in the midst of a new and unfamiliar landscape.

Phil stood awkwardly to the side as the siblings, shared an embrace that spoke volumes of their bond.

As John and Leah joined the group, the atmosphere was charged with expectations. Mason and Maeve eventually separated, and all eyes turned toward the pair, expecting to witness a romantic reunion between Maeve and Phil. The room was filled with a palpable sense of curiosity, with a mix of smiles and raised eyebrows.

However, much to the confusion of everyone present, Maeve didn't move closer to Phil with a passionate kiss, as was the anticipated script. Instead, she just waved awkwardly at him, a gesture that appeared out of place given the circumstances. Phil, in response, scratched the back of his head, his own sense of awkwardness evident.

The reunion in Qatar was turning out to be worse then Maeve had expected and was quickly turning into a cry for help instead of the romantic scenes everyone was eagerly anticipating.

The awkward silence hung in the air, prompting Mason to finally break the tension with a light-hearted comment. He cleared his throat and said, "You know, you can kiss in front of us, or hug, or even a fist bump." His words were accompanied by a playful smile, an attempt to dispel the unease that had settled upon the group.

But despite Mason's efforts to ease the situation, Maeve and Phil remained stuck in their respective spots, neither moving towards a romantic embrace nor stepping away from the awkwardness. It was as if an invisible barrier held them in place, one that neither was willing to breach.