𝟬𝟭𝟱

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟱
𝘸𝘢𝘨 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶

———

MAEVE AND PHIL'S week had flown by. Each day brings them closer to meeting up again.  It was difficult to tell how they would act and what would happen at the party.

Maeve was inspired to concentrate on the album after effectively composing a song the night previously, and with each tweak, the song was gradually becoming one of her favourite she'd ever written.

Phil, on the other hand, has been training really hard in recent weeks. As the World Cup approached, the announcement of who would be flying to Qatar became more imminent.

He wants nothing more than to travel to Qatar and play in the World Cup with England. And the footballer would go to any length to have his name on the announcement list. That would imply remaining fit and avoiding injuries.

With both of them devoting their entire lives to their jobs, Maeve to music and Phil to football. They'd only spoken briefly on the phone once since their date, which Maeve wasn't complaining about.

Phil called her two nights ago to inquire how he was going to get to Portsmouth this weekend. In Maeve's opinion, it was a dumb question, and she sarcastically replied, drive?

The black-haired lad insisted on arriving together because Maeve had invited him to the event. Not wanting to argue with him for once, Maeve agreed, and the two decided that if Phil drives to London, he and Maeve can travel from there to her hometown.

That's why Maeve was now waiting for Phil outside a petrol station halfway between Portsmouth and London. He made her stop, persistent on buying something.

She sat on the phone, looked around at the other cars and people, and then saw the lad finally emerge from the shop, holding a bottle of wine. He returned to her car, gently placing the bottle of alcohol at his feet.

"You made me stop for wine?" Maeve questioned, perplexed as to why he would want a bottle of wine at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. He just nodded simply.

"Why?" She probed for an answer further, the brunette rarely understands what Phil does, and this was absolutely one of those times. "It's a birthday present, for your Dad." Holding the bottle up again, he explained,

Maeve laughed slightly as she examined the bottle in his palm. "How did you know that's the one he likes?" He set the bottle down once more. He shrugged as he said, "I asked Mason."

Maeve restarted the car and began driving. This had been the case for the most of their travel; Phil sat on his phone or mumbled rubbish to which Maeve didn't really heed as she listened to the radio.

"Is your whole family going to be here?" the athlete inquired about the party.  Maeve responded with a hum, "Most of them." Phil remained silent.

"Are you getting nervous, Foden?" She laughed, observing the dark-haired man's repose.  He shook his head and said, "No." Maeve, on the other hand, was not convinced by his response.