𝟬𝟬𝟵

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨

———

MAEVE SPENT THE next three hours at Arabella's apartment, eating ice cream and watching rom-coms on her couch. The brunette turned off her phone and had no intention of switching it back on any time soon.

Maeve eventually decided to make her way back to her apartment. She didn't live far from Arabella, but luckily, she had driven over the day before so now she is able to avoid any interactions with people on her way home.

As she drove home, lost in her thoughts, she just kept reminiscing - if you can call it that - on the disaster of the night before. If she was completely honest with herself, all she wanted was a quickie with the hot bartender whose name she had forgotten.

She didn't want any of this unnecessary drama to happen.

The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to write an essay-style text in her notes and post it on Instagram to explain what really happened. She refrained, however, because she knew Sabrina would be outraged. It was best if she remained silent.

She fumbled with her keys as she climbed the stairs to her apartment, trying not to drop her phone and bag in the process. The front door, to her surprise, was already unlocked.

Fear washed over her, as the one thing she never forgot to do was lock her front door. She slowly opened the door, hoping it was the off chance that she had forgotten to lock it the day before and that it wasn't someone trying to rob her. When she saw her twin sitting on her couch, her fear faded instantly.

"Mason, what the actual fuck? Why are you in my house?" She yelled, throwing all her stuff on the kitchen counter before barging her way over to her brother. She stood in front of him. "You scared the fucking life out of me. Are you crazy?"

Mason, who was usually cheerful and would always laugh at his sister's over reactions, didn't today. He sat with his arms crossed. "Stop shouting. You're giving me a headache." Maeve scoffed at her brother but Mason didn't give her an opportunity to continue her yelling.

"You've been ignoring my calls all day. So I came to check up on you." The brunette sat down beside her twin, she began pulling her shoes off, "Mason, the night i had-" she got (rudely) interrupted, "And offer to pay to get your head checked. Maeve why were you picking fights on the street? You're twenty one."

Maeve rolled her eyes and leaned back into her couch more. "Mason," she sighed loudly, "Do you really believe everything you see in the media?" He shook his head, he knew better then that, "No but when there are pictures and videos to prove it, then yes."

Maeve didn't want to start a fight with her brother. He meant well by coming here and it was clear he just wanted the best for his sister. He's just looking out for her, just like he always has.

"Look Maeve, just don't get involved with Phil. He's one of my best mates but I don't want to see you get hurt by him." Maeve laughed and shoved her brother's shoulder, "Trust me Mase, I will stay away from him."

He pulled her in for a hug, although he comes across as an overbearing, protective brother to others - he really wasn't like that around Maeve. The two of them have a special bond in which they believe you can only share with a twin.

"Now, you want to show me that wonder goal you scored over the weekend?" Maeve said, pulling out of the hug, Mason nodded and grabbed his phone off the cluttered coffee table.

———

MASON DIDN'T HANG around for much longer as he had media stuff to do later that evening, Maeve loved spending time with her brother but was relieved to have the evening to herself. It had been a hectic twenty four hours.

Maeve resolved to treat herself without much thought. She applied a face mask and took a soothing bubble bath. She bathed in the tub till her fingers were so wrinkly that she could feel the wrinkles on them.

She eventually pulled herself out of the hot water and dialed in a Chinese takeout. When she was hungover or feeling sorry for herself, she would do this. It was the latter today. This always took her mind off whatever was bothering her.

She was still avoiding her phone, mainly Social Media, so she glanced through Netflix. The girl was struggling to find anything worth watching when her phone began ringing from the coffee table.

It was Sabrina again. Maeve considered not picking up the phone again, as she had earlier, but she knew that not doing so would be worse. She eventually answered the phone.

"Hello?" Maeve said carefully, hoping Sabrina brings good news rather than bad. She hoped she wasn't calling to say her reputation had been wrecked and she should simply leave the country.

"Maeve, before you give me your opinion, let me fully explain." she said. The brunette concurred, saying that she knew she had a habit of spilling her every thought into conversations. "Okay, you're freaking me out."

"I got in touch with Phil's manager and I think, between us, we've come up with a solution. To, you know, save your reputation and fix his-"

Maeve couldn't help but interrupt. Her blood was boiling at the prospect of ever having to deal with Phil again. She would rather be labeled as insane. "Absolutely not, I refuse."

"Maeve, you are in no position to argue with me on this right now. I set up a meeting for tomorrow morning at eleven. I'll text you the details. Do not be late." Sabrina hung up after that.

As she slumped deeper into her couch, the deflated girl put her phone to her side and sighed. Maeve would attend the meeting even if she didn't want to. Her odds of agreeing to whatever the two managers proposed were uncertain.

But she would go nevertheless, telling herself that this would be the last time she dealt with Phil.

———
authors note :

sorry besties for the lack of updates, i had exams but i'm finished now and updates should become more regular 😀😀

word count | 1066